Staff suggested location change.

I love Summerlin... I used to go there regularly on business... only thing I don't like are those circle turnabout things... isn't it getting expensive up there?

It's not really different from the rest of the valley but you certainly get what you pay for. I love Summerlin too. I really like the Henerson / Green Valley area too...I hope so because I have been living there for 2 years. Yeah the turnabouts are a bitch!!! Especially right after surgery when you
are nauseous form the anesthesia....

It's cooler there, closer to Red Rock and I am convinced they get more rain than the east side!!!!! like .00000000001 more. hey every .00000000001 counts when your annual averaqge is 6 inches.....I hate the desert!!!!!

That's okay...I am just killing time at work before a meeting....I live in Henderson (SE) and when I get back I am moving to the North. The 15 and 95 are nightmares and I really would not reccomend SW. It would take you about 45 min at the least to get to KVGT. For KLAS it would be perfect as long as you are close to the 215. South and all the way west (Russell/Trop/Flamingo) to KLAS will be about 20 min. from Durango it's about 5. There is an exit for the Airport right off the 215 and you don't ever have to touch the 15 (Avoid at all costs.) If you get KVGT though, move north if you can. the traffic is a nighmare and today they are starting more contruction on the 15 that will reroute traffic to the side streets. Summerlin and the Lakes areas are good places. Not near the airport!!!!! Scary!!!! I won't even drive there after dark alone.

Hahahaha, I highly suggest Little Compton right behind the Stratosphere.

My Fiance lives in the Flamingo/Jones area, so I guess 20 minutes to KVGT, but I could feasibly take Decatur instead of the 15, I think. I'm not sure about how the traffic is northbound, only southbound.

Hahahaha, I highly suggest Little Compton right behind the Stratosphere.

My Fiance lives in the Flamingo/Jones area, so I guess 20 minutes to KVGT, but I could feasibly take Decatur instead of the 15, I think. I'm not sure about how the traffic is northbound, only southbound.

At the times you would be going to work.. I would say 20 min is pretty good estimate. That's with no traffic. You would mostly be doing East West...STAY AWAY FROM THE STRIP!!!!! 24/7 Traffic Jam including all the streets around it....Flamingo is the worst...After that Charleston....STAY AWAY if you want to keep your sanity!!!!

It's not really different from the rest of the valley but you certainly get what you pay for. I love Summerlin too. I really like the Henerson / Green Valley area too...I hope so because I have been living there for 2 years. Yeah the turnabouts are a bitch!!! Especially right after surgery when you
are nauseous form the anesthesia....

It's cooler there, closer to Red Rock and I am convinced they get more rain than the east side!!!!! like .00000000001 more. hey every .00000000001 counts when your annual averaqge is 6 inches.....I hate the desert!!!!!

Oh, Red Rock DEFINITELY gets more rain than the east side. I've also heard that it is consistently 10-20 degrees cooler there, and a tad more humid. I wonder if it has to do with the maritime air masses from the Gulf of CA, or if there's another process at work.

yes, actually they are considered Stormtroopers.

Okay... with that in mind. I just recently spent a VERY LONG year in management in a Union shop. From the management perspective of it (never was on the union side), you are given on a regular basis what were called "Talking Points". We received these weekly. These were the hot topics that were coming up and what pre fabricated phrases/comments were were allowed to say and those we were not allowed to say. The purpose of the "scripting" was to mitigate as many grievances as possible. AND there was a crap ton of them! For everything! Sooo... it is quite possible that they are not saying what they would like to say, but what they have been coached to say based on numbers that some analyst was able to derive in some form or fashion that they would actually be able to provide to the Union upon request. I hope I didn't make this confusing as to what my point is. I am sure I did...can't think right now.

Also, I never said anything, BUT, someone indicated the "unfair" treatment, in this particular case it was dress code. They were very slightly out of dresscode that was not really noticeable. I can tell you I have had to send people home on several occasions for STUPID dress code violations, BECAUSE, if you send one person home for blatent violation of the dress code and one person comes in, let's say they have a very tiny hole in the cuff of their pant that is hardly noticeable... well, if you don't send them home, here come all the greivances from those that HAVE been sent home all up in arms that you didn't send home a "petty" violator. That's just my two cents... so remember, when you get "in trouble" for a violation that you think is stupid, management must be consistent or all hell will break loose.

Now, bitchy, I am not saying anything bad about you, so don't start your rants... I am just providing my experience and wouldn't take what you've been told to heart.

Take it for what it's worth, cause I am jaded according to all, but consider the source.

Tell me more, if you don't mind. It confounds me how he could interact with controllers on a daily basis, and yet be so grossly misinformed (or maliciously dishonest)...

Who oversees all trainees, if not him?

Okay... with that in mind. I just recently spent a VERY LONG year in management in a Union shop. From the management perspective of it (never was on the union side), you are given on a regular basis what were called "Talking Points". We received these weekly. These were the hot topics that were coming up and what pre fabricated phrases/comments were were allowed to say and those we were not allowed to say. The purpose of the "scripting" was to mitigate as many grievances as possible. AND there was a crap ton of them! For everything! Sooo... it is quite possible that they are not saying what they would like to say, but what they have been coached to say based on numbers that some analyst was able to derive in some form or fashion that they would actually be able to provide to the Union upon request. I hope I didn't make this confusing as to what my point is. I am sure I did...can't think right now.

Also, I never said anything, BUT, someone indicated the "unfair" treatment, in this particular case it was dress code. They were very slightly out of dresscode that was not really noticeable. I can tell you I have had to send people home on several occasions for STUPID dress code violations, BECAUSE, if you send one person home for blatent violation of the dress code and one person comes in, let's say they have a very tiny hole in the cuff of their pant that is hardly noticeable... well, if you don't send them home, here come all the greivances from those that HAVE been sent home all up in arms that you didn't send home a "petty" violator. That's just my two cents... so remember, when you get "in trouble" for a violation that you think is stupid, management must be consistent or all hell will break loose.

Now, bitchy, I am not saying anything bad about you, so don't start your rants... I am just providing my experience and wouldn't take what you've been told to heart.

It's fine. I should not have taken his word for gospel.

I asked this before somewhere else, and if it has already been answered, please excuse my forum ineptituniness:).

If you start out at a TRACON is it possible to transfer to an ARTCC at a later date? I ask because I would really like to go to ZLA, as it is smack dab in the middle of mine and my wife's family for ease of visitation...but if I don't get it, I am thinking my second choice would be the High Desert TRACON. I think that would be a great place to start, but If I wanted to move to a higher level facility down the road, would It be possible to transfer to ZLA? If so, do you have to go through more training? If you do have more training, do you get to keep the salary you have until you "check out" or do you take a pay cut during the additional training? Thanks in advance for your wisdom...

I asked this before somewhere else, and if it has already been answered, please excuse my forum ineptituniness:).

If you start out at a TRACON is it possible to transfer to an ARTCC at a later date? I ask because I would really like to go to ZLA, as it is smack dab in the middle of mine and my wife's family for ease of visitation...but if I don't get it, I am thinking my second choice would be the High Desert TRACON. I think that would be a great place to start, but If I wanted to move to a higher level facility down the road, would It be possible to transfer to ZLA? If so, do you have to go through more training? If you do have more training, do you get to keep the salary you have until you "check out" or do you take a pay cut during the additional training? Thanks in advance for your wisdom...

From what I've read... ATLTRACON, correct me if I am wrong... but NOW you have to restart your training and they take what % of the max you currently are, and take that % to determine your pay within the training bands. I'll have to find where I saw that.

From what I've read... ATLTRACON, correct me if I am wrong... but NOW you have to restart your training and they take what % of the max you currently are, and take that % to determine your pay within the training bands. I'll have to find where I saw that.

:confused:

Ok, I understand now. Would you go all the way down to D1? I really would love it if someone knows if a transfer situation like this is laid out somewhere so I can read up on it.

I have also heard that some of the higher level towers will not hire OTS.

IMy interviewer at the LA PEPC said OTS applicants were not being sent to facilities over a 9. I have an aviation background and wanted a facility 10 but was told no can do. Seems it depends on your interviewer.

IMy interviewer at the LA PEPC said OTS applicants were not being sent to facilities over a 9. I have an aviation background and wanted a facility 10 but was told no can do. Seems it depends on your interviewer.
That's not true (at least it wasn't in my case, but I was hired under a FY07 announcement so things may have changed) - I was originally offered a level 10 enroute position, I declined it and was then offered a level 9 terminal position.
Think about it - was s/he implying that no OTS applicants are being sent to centers? I doubt that. Nearly every center is a level 10 or above.

That's not true (at least it wasn't in my case, but I was hired under a FY07 announcement so things may have changed) - I was originally offered a level 10 enroute position, I declined it and was then offered a level 9 terminal position.
Think about it - was s/he implying that no OTS applicants are being sent to centers? I doubt that. Nearly every center is a level 10 or above.

Going out a limb here to say they were talking about terminal over a 9. I am OTS and supposed to be going to ZFW (12).

I am an 07 applicant as well but was told I could not get a facility over 9. Like I said, it evidently depends on the interviewer because I specifically said I would prefer a 10 facility. My interviewer was facility manager at St Pete/Clearwater airport. You gotta wonder if the interviewers are given any info prior to interviewing applicants.

Back