Squawk requests?

bimmerphile

Sidestick Wiggler
Is it physically possible to request a specific squawk code when filing a flight plan? I did my last flight at my regional recently, and my transponder code was my seniority number. Just curious if it was possible for a dispatcher to request something like that or it was just absurd coincidence.

Is it physically possible to request a specific squawk code when filing a flight plan? I did my last flight at my regional recently, and my transponder code was my seniority number. Just curious if it was possible for a dispatcher to request something like that or it was just absurd coincidence.
I believe it’s possible as long as the code isn’t already assigned to another plan by the host

At least in the Enroute environment, I can assign you any code as long as it is not already assigned to somebody else in our airspace.

I’ve used it Exactly once for a guy who’s transponder last digit was stuck on 0, so I assigned his flight plan a random code ending in 0 haha.

Seeing that the answer is yes, if I was a dispatcher I'd mess with crews so much.

"I swear to god, every time I fly the squawk code is my birthday..."

If I had my choice it would be the Enterprise squawk every time... somehow I think that they are assigned sequentialy based on sectors. At least it seems to play out that way when I'm doing day turns on reserve.

1582172951634.png

Back