Spotting

Scandinavian13

I just got a new D60 for graduation, so I decided to head out to one of my aircraft watching spots and make the 1GB memory card cry.

I can post some more later, but I figured I'd share two of the more interesting shots first.

The first is a shot of one of the USAirways heritage planes. This one's painted up in a cool PSA livery. Every time I've been here, there's been at least one heritage livery.
PSAirbus.jpg

The second is a crazy lens effect that reflected in an odd spot. Looks like the reflection of the sun off of the fuselage created a ghost reflection through the lens.
AA80.jpg

Forgive the quality of the photos, they've been JPEG'd and downsized. I'm still getting used to how the camera views life, too (like the apparent tunnel-vision in the second shot).

Comments are welcome. I'll try to put more up later. There are many more, and arguably better shots, but I wanted to put up the more interesting ones first.

That AA shot is an amazing photo. Nice camera and great pics. I'm guessing you're at either DCA or IAD. I see you're from Centerville. :) I grew up in Manassas.

I went out to LAX when I got my Rebel. I sat at Imperial Hill and In-N-Out for hours. I felt like a little kid. I really need to pickup a book on how to utilize the camera a bit better.

That AA shot is an amazing photo. Nice camera and great pics. I'm guessing you're at either DCA or IAD. I see you're from Centerville. :) I grew up in Manassas.
Thanks. Yeah, I was out at DCA at Gravelly.

I agree. The AA MD shot is really nice. Gotta watch for those high sun hours though.
Thanks. I just thought it was really cool based on the lens flash, and then I got it on my computer and saw it all. Yeah, I was up there at noon, unfortunately. Not the best lighting for pictures from below.

I went out to LAX when I got my Rebel. I sat at Imperial Hill and In-N-Out for hours. I felt like a little kid. I really need to pickup a book on how to utilize the camera a bit better.
That would be fun. I had the same feeling when I went over there to get these shots. I used to go up there with a scanner all of the time and just sit there on the little hill of Gravelly by the ILS array and listen and watch.

Shooting AA aircraft is always a challenge.......with the sun reflecting off the bare metal fuselage.

Gravelly huh? My gf visits her dad in Alexandria a lot and told me about a spot she rides her bike to. She sits out and watches the airplanes from there. Said its right along the Potomic.

Nice pics. How do you like the D60? I'm looking around for a good deal on one right now. My Canon G6 just doesn't cut it for taking approach pictures.

Back