Sports-activities

TennisPlayer

Hey all. I'm finally on my way to OKC! I love to play tennis and basketball as well as lift weights. I'm making this thread in an effort to find people to:
1) play tennis and
2) make a basketball team. I found a sports facility called the Lighthouse which has basketball leagues. I love playing semicompetitive basketball leagues but kinda need people to make a team.

I'll be in OKC from 2-10-09 thru 6-16-09.
:yar:

Hey tennis player. I like to play tennis but not during winter when its dang cold. Do you play racquetball? Thats much more to my liking during winter. I'll be in ok city the end of march.

nofear - winter in OKC is completely DIFFERENT than Utah...it is Utah Spring-like weather here right now! Most days we are in the 50-60's and sunny. We have only had like 3 cloudy days since we got here and maybe a weeks worth of cold days (northern winds). In march our complex actually opens the outdoor pool cause it is warm enough! Tennis playing right now would work on 4-5 days out of the week!

Oh and CONGRATS on getting a date. You lucked out getting ZLC. The hiring manager was here last week and ZLC is now on hiring freeze, the don't need anymore people! Also, my husband was informed in the meeting that ZLC is fully staffed for training and there is not waiting. From the time you leave OKC to the time you are fully checked out shouldn't be more than 2 years!

Hey all. I'm finally on my way to OKC! I love to play tennis and basketball as well as lift weights. I'm making this thread in an effort to find people to:
1) play tennis and
2) make a basketball team. I found a sports facility called the Lighthouse which has basketball leagues. I love playing semicompetitive basketball leagues but kinda need people to make a team.

Hi TennisPlayer,

I've played tennis my whole life so if I get a start date early enough I'll look for you. As of right now, its up in the air.

I'm always up for sports. I used to play tennis, but I'm a big volleyball player. Send me a message if your interested in playing some time. I'll be in OKC from Feb 8th till April 7th (Class from Feb 17th - April 7th). I'm even up for running buddies.

You know I would kind of think that the lighthouse would set you up on a team in the league. They seemed pretty cool about it back in the day, so if you haven't asked you may want to.

Lighthouse is a pretty neat place...my HS basketball team used to practice there before they got all big and cool.

Yeah thats what they said, but I made the original post before I called to get all the details.
What do you think about the facility...clean, big, pool, steam room, ect.?

1) play tennis and

Hey Tennis,

I'm down for playing basketball and tennis. I grew up with a basketball in my hand so im always down to play, especially if its competitive. Love tennis as well, but thats more a casual sport for me....down side is that im not takin a racket haha. I also start 2-10 at the academy, so we can figure out a basketball team first day of class if you want haha.

Back