Spokane Area Airplanes?

AKPilot

Hey everyone! I'm a 2300hr dual rated Comm Inst SEL/MEL/RH, CFI, working as a Helicopter pilot for my normal day job and I live in Spokane. On my time off I'd like to do some airplane flying around the area. I'm trying to stay away from the rental places as I kind of just want to go when I want and not deal with a scheduling system and canceling fees and overnight minimums and stuff. So I'm wondering if anyone in the area knows of someone that has shares available in something or a partnership available, or club aircraft?

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
Hey everyone! I'm a 2300hr dual rated Comm Inst SEL/MEL/RH, CFI, working as a Helicopter pilot for my normal day job and I live in Spokane. On my time off I'd like to do some airplane flying around the area. I'm trying to stay away from the rental places as I kind of just want to go when I want and not deal with a scheduling system and canceling fees and overnight minimums and stuff. So I'm wondering if anyone in the area knows of someone that has shares available in something or a partnership available, or club aircraft?

I'm also looking for an SIC or PIC position available for a private or corporate company that would possibly do part time work in the area, willing to do it for free... just want to have something to do on the time off.

Thanks guys!
You're not going to be well received by professionals. In fact after that statement, I don't think anyone would want anything to do with working with you or recommending you a job or even pointing you in the general direction of one.

Wow, okay. I'm sorry, I deleted that portion of it, and we'll just leave it to the original question. At least I didn't say I was willing to pay to do it...

I wouldn't shy away from renting. There are so few places around that I'd bet they would be pretty user friendly just to get your business. If you want to use your fixed wing CFI you might put up a flyer at the Skyway cafe and Western Aviations pilot shop and do BFR's and IPC's.

Thanks for the responses guys.

Are the helicopters based at Felts?

Unfortunately, no. I wish I was working that close to home. I work month on month off up in Alaska. Which is why I was looking for something to do down here. A month off just sitting around gets kind of old.

I wouldn't shy away from renting. There are so few places around that I'd bet they would be pretty user friendly just to get your business. If you want to use your fixed wing CFI you might put up a flyer at the Skyway cafe and Western Aviations pilot shop and do BFR's and IPC's.

I'm not necessarily shying away from renting. I was looking at purchasing my own plane but can't really justify the full price for taking that on. Especially since it will just sit for a month at a time. So I was trying to look into other options that might be around that offered a little more flexibility.

Thanks for the responses guys.

Unfortunately, no. I wish I was working that close to home. I work month on month off up in Alaska. Which is why I was looking for something to do down here. A month off just sitting around gets kind of old.

I'm not necessarily shying away from renting. I was looking at purchasing my own plane but can't really justify the full price for taking that on. Especially since it will just sit for a month at a time. So I was trying to look into other options that might be around that offered a little more flexibility.
Check out the board at the diner at Felts. They usually have shares posted. Eastern Washington is fairly limited with available aircraft. www.northwestflightschool.com is the only one I know of around Spokane.

Back