Spin Training Arizona

sdfcvoh

This is my Custom Title
I was just wondering if anyone has specific recommendations for spin training/endorsement in Arizona? Specifically Southern AZ or the Tucson area.

I don't mind receiving the endorsement from my CFI, but I'm wondering if anyone around specializes in it and whether that might be a safer bet in the long-run.

Thanks for reading!

I was just wondering if anyone has specific recommendations for spin training/endorsement in Arizona? Specifically Southern AZ or the Tucson area.

I don't mind receiving the endorsement from my CFI, but I'm wondering if anyone around specializes in it and whether that might be a safer bet in the long-run.

Thanks for reading!

There's a school out in Marana. Tom Funk is one of the instructors and he's also a DPE. Not sure specifically if he does spin training but he should be able to point you in the right direction. And he is the man.

I have no idea about Arizona, but let me tell you, I got my spin endorsement today and it was the most fun I've had flight training in a long time. They are ridiculous fun so enjoy it man! It's 12 hours later and I'm still jazzed!

Spins are very fun.

If I could go back I would have gotten my spin endorsement in something like a Decathlon rather than the 152. They spin well but getting some aerobatic training would have been fun and the spin endorsement makes a great excuse.

Thanks for reading!

Is it a safety issue? As in you don't trust the guy? Spins are a non-issue.

Is it a safety issue? As in you don't trust the guy? Spins are a non-issue.
It's a safety issue as in as a CFI you should get spin training from someone who knows stalls/spins. The number of CFIs getting into stall/spin accidents backs this up- most are poorly trained in spins and spin recoveries. Remember, the endorsement say "... has demonstrated instructional competency in those maneuvers...", not that you went out and did two spins in a 172.
sdfcvoh, I'm not in southern AZ, but in southern NM, a few hours from Tucson. A little drive, but give me a shout if you want to get your endorsement here. My website has a link for the training.

If you don't mind driving about an hour plus north. We here at Chandler Air Service specialize in aerobatics and tailwheel. We do spin training (ground 1hr. And two flights) in Great Lakes bi-planes.
You will get your monies worth no doubt. And you will understand what you are doing. We do not sign off until you demonstrate competency in teaching spins (spins left and right, accelerated, flat, spin reversal, and if you are up to it, we can also do inverted for you).

check us out at www.aerobatics.com

PM me if you need more info.

Justin

Thanks for the responses from everyone.

It isn't that I don't trust my CFI (quite the opposite), I just want to make sure that I get the best out of the situation. I'll make up my mind in the next couple of weeks.

I've always felt that finding a CFI who specializes in spin training for that endorsement will make me a safer pilot in the long-run.

I would second Chandler Air Service. It is probably closest to you, and I have only heard good things about them.

Back