Speed networking interest??

Kristie

Mama Bear....
Staff member
Is anyone (whose attending NJC) interested in attending a speed networking session on Monday AM?

essentially, it'd work like this:
Speed Networking: What is it?
Networking is an essential business skill that many people find difficult. Of course - making small talk with strangers isn’t always easy. However, if you follow a few simple rules, networking will be a very powerful tool at your disposal. Most of the time, our fear of networking comes from the unknown - what will the person who you are talking to do, or say? So the solution is simple - network at a place where everyone is there for the same reason as you!
What you have to accept is that everyone at a networking event will be as nervous as you are. They also want to make new contacts, learn new things and find new people to do business or create friendships with.
As part of NetworkJC, we are staging one, possibly two, Speed Networking sessions. Both networking novices and old hands can practice the art of networking in a safe, controlled environment. You don’t need business cards - neither do you need to sidle up to your target, clear your throat and ‘pitch in’. It’s much easier than that.

How does Speed Networking work?
Everyone does it differently. At NetworkJC, we’re going to operate our speed networking event like speed dating. You’ll come into the room, check-in and get a “speed ticket” that has numbers for each person attending the event. Numbers are used in lieu of names due to possible name duplication; it also adds a little air of mystery (ie: fun). A speaker will address the group and provide a few opening comments, making sure everyone understand the rules and answering questions before we start. You’ll have 4 minutes to talk to each individual and if you like the conversation you’re having, you can tick off the number of the individual you spoke with in order to help you remember that you want to continue conversation at the Networking Party.

At the networking event, everyone who attending the speed networking event will have a number on their name badge. That will help you recall who you wanted to continue conversation with.

The reason i'm taking a poll is because if we don't get at least 15-20 people, it can't be a successful "speed" networking session.

Thanks!

uh yes... the tower tour starts at 9..... 2 hrs for the tour

speed networking would probably only get an hour and a half or we'd move it to another day...

there might have to be some overlap, i can't guarantee there won't....we'll just have to see how it goes! lots of conferences have overlapping schedules.

again, this is a possible event based on the number of people who want to be involved...as of right now (looking at the poll), there's not enough people.

COME ON PEOPLE!!!!!

THIS IS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT! GET TO KNOW PEOPLE THAT WILL HELP YOU MOVE FORWARD IN THIS INDUSTRY, no matter what you want to do in it!

PAY IT FORWARD TO OTHERS WANTING TO MOVE IN THE INDUSTRY!

Everyone that attends should be doing this! Just getting to know your drinking buddies for the main event is worth it!

Maybe we could turn this into something we do once the main event starts to ebb, or at a certain point when everyone is a little less,shall we say, inhibited. Maybe the Captain's original suggestion should be taken . . .literally.:D You know, a spoon full of sugar:)

nah... i want to keep it separate from the main event....give people a chance to network (aviation only) via the speed networking and then if they still want to continue conversation with that person, they can do that at the main event with beers in hand. :)

the point of speed networking is to eliminate the inhibition quickly. get to the point and find out what contacts will work for you and build those asap.

nah... i want to keep it separate from the main event....give people a chance to network (aviation only) via the speed networking and then if they still want to continue conversation with that person, they can do that at the main event with beers in hand. :)

the point of speed networking is to eliminate the inhibition quickly. get to the point and find out what contacts will work for you and build those asap.
I understand . . .but . . .

I still like Captain Bob's idea . . .:D

I understand . . .but . . .

I still like Captain Bob's idea . . .:D
duly noted! will see what i can do to shake those gitters..besides, hair of the dog might be needed anyways after a night at 9FI... haha

Craps table would be more fun on Tues as a "wind down" event... esp since we hve time open on tuesday right now... but monday, i really want to try and fill with events that will use the AV equipment we have rented.

2 days left to sign up for speed networking....

right now, we still don't have enough participation to warrant the event. :(

Back