Space Shuttle Launch Tonight

TurdBird

Just a reminder that she's flying in about an hour.

Oh yea... I got 5 bucks that Martin is sitting on his dock with a beer in hand looking out towards the east.

It's going to be a beautiful launch if it goes up...unfortunately for me, I am not in the area, NASA TV will have to do ;-)

Not sure if you caught in the MCC loops, but the close out crew missed a tie down latch for some access panel door...if that delays launch tonight, I think someone is going to get the boot! 15 minutes left in the built in hold, hope they figure it out!

It was a beautiful launch tonight. and great weather. There was a ripple effect when it went through the second layer of clouds. looked like someone dropped a pebble in a pond.

It was a beautiful launch tonight. and great weather. There was a ripple effect when it went through the second layer of clouds. looked like someone dropped a pebble in a pond.

I saw that and was wondering what that was. I took my wife out to a local golf course so we could see. Hell of a show - even from this side of the state.

I saw that and was wondering what that was. I took my wife out to a local golf course so we could see. Hell of a show - even from this side of the state.

There are some more interesting things you can do on a golf course at night than watch a space shuttle launch...

Not that I've ever done anything other than play golf on a golf course...

I've never seen one live. Dang i wish i knew there was one tonight. When I was 10, my family and I took a trip to Disney World and on the way we spent the night near Cape Canaveral to watch a launch but they scrubbed the mission at the last second. I was so bummed! Thats what i was looking forward to. The trip Disney World was dumb for me seeing as it was more a trip from my 8 year old sister and 5 year old brother. Oh well i'm sure i'll get to see one some day, unless they get rid of the shuttle program for something new.

I've never seen one live. Dang i wish i knew there was one tonight. When I was 10, my family and I took a trip to Disney World and on the way we spent the night near Cape Canaveral to watch a launch but they scrubbed the mission at the last second. I was so bummed! Thats what i was looking forward to. The trip Disney World was dumb for me seeing as it was more a trip from my 8 year old sister and 5 year old brother. Oh well i'm sure i'll get to see one some day, unless they get rid of the shuttle program for something new.

That's too bad. You do need to see one sooner then later. I guess tonights was one of the last ones.

I thought it was really interesting to see the camera on the shuttle as it went through the different layers and the different color of fire (showing differing chemical compounds) through each one....you just don't see that with a day time launch!!

Cherry Point is one of the divert fields for the launch of the space shuttle, and tonight was the first night I've been in the tower for one. So I got to sit in the tower and listen to the conference call they have with all the other divert fields all over the country. Pretty cool stuff to listen to the inner workings of the launch. How many other 21 year olds out hter can say they went to work and were on a conference call with NASA?

Someone was saying it was the last night launch? It was the first launch I've seen, the couple minutes watching it was worth the 2.5 hours driving there and 2.5 driving back. My friend was flying south from Jacksonville and saw it from 7,000'.
Anyone know how to brighten up photos in Photoshop?
img2495zg8.jpg

i was cruisin about 7,000ft, just NW of Daytona beach when it launched, ATC announced it, and then the sky turned ORANGE! it was WAAAYY cool to be in the air at the same time!

Someone was saying it was the last night launch? It was the first launch I've seen, the couple minutes watching it was worth the 2.5 hours driving there and 2.5 driving back. My friend was flying south from Jacksonville and saw it from 7,000'.
Anyone know how to brighten up photos in Photoshop?
img2495zg8.jpg

That's a cool photo man! Especially with the moon in the background!

Just a reminder that she's flying in about an hour.

Oh yea... I got 5 bucks that Martin is sitting on his dock with a beer in hand looking out towards the east.

You win 2.50. No beer, we had both the kids out there to watch though. Pretty sweet. Glad I was home for it.....

Five-O don't pull me over when I drive back to the schoolhouse today.

Back