Southwest Hiring

BobDDuck

Island Bus Driver
[font=arial,helvetica,sans Serif]b737 First Officers

Southwest Airlines

Company Information Date: August 11,2008

Contact Name: People Department Address: Box 36644 City: Dallas State: Tx Zip: 75235-1644 Country: Usa

Job Information
B737 First Officers
Southwest Airlines Plans On Hiring 24 Pilots In August And Up To An Additional 85 Through Remainder '08.

New Pilot Requirements

Certificates / Ratings:
* U.s. Faa Airline Transport Pilot Certificate. Unrestricted (the Only Restriction Or Limitation Swa Will Accept Is "b-737 Circ. Apch. - Vmc Only)
* U.s. Type Rating On A B-737 Not Required For Interview But Required For Employment. (a Candidate May Apply Without A B-737 Type Rating. If A Candidate Interviews And Successfully Completes The Entire Selection Process, He/she Has 6 Months From That Date To Obtain A B-737 Type Rating To Be Eligible For Hire.)

Must Be At Least Twenty-three Years Of Age.

Flight Experience:
2,500 Hours Total Or 1,500 Hours Turbine Total. Additionally, A Minimum Of 1,000 Hours In Turbine Aircraft As The Pilot In Command, As Defined Below Is Required. Southwest Considers Only Pilot Time In Fixed Wing Aircraft. This Specifically Excludes Simulator, Helicopter, Wso, Rio, Fe, Nav, Ewo Etc. No Other Time Is Counted.
Currency:
A Minimum Of 200 Hours Must Be Logged In The Preceding 36 Months.

Medical:
Must Possess A Current Faa Class 1 Medical Certificate. Must Pass Faa Mandated Drug Test.

Authorization To Work In The United States:
Must Have Established Authorization To Work In The United States.

Driver's License:
Must Possess A Valid United States Driver's License. Education:

Graduation From Accredited, Four-year College Preferred.

Letters Of Recommendation:
At Least Three Letters From Any Individuals Who Can Attest To The Pilot’s Flying Skills, By Having Observed Them Over A Sustained Period Of Time.

[/font]

HigherPower does a good one apparently.

Personally I'm not a really big fan of SWA requiring a type to start class.

Gosh, what do they need to advertise job openings for? Kinda like a Coca cola commercial. Do they really need to tell people to drink coke? I think SWA needs to satisfy the EEOC.

Higher Power is a great place to get your 737 type. Doing the -200 is cheaper than a newer one.
Good people.....
I just wrote a rec. letter for a buddy who has an interview later this month.

Requiring the 737 type rating saves SWA a pretty penny on insurance :) I'm happy with that requirement every time I see my profitsharing check!

Right now we have three new hire classes and one upgrade class. It may close completely next year though, so get the app in while you can!

Back