Southern Air

Nikle994

I've read that Southern Air is still hiring - Atlas/Southern | Airline Pilot Careers. Does anyone have any information on the requirements and flight experience to obtain an interview right now? I know the market is extremely saturated. I'm just trying to gain some insight on who's actually receiving invites for an interview. Thanks.

I know several regional CAs and a few FOs getting invites, I know of people who have gotten interviews with hrs from 10k to around 4k

talked to my buddy there...said they are hiring BUT it appears almost only high time CA's with recs are getting calls (7k+ TT)

...with 2+ regionals being shut down...that's bound to happen

Last edited:
Yes, there is hiring occurring. Plans for 2 777 in the near future, two more after that. But with the merger with Atlas and the current economy I'd say difficult at best even with a rec.

Friend of mine got hired at Atlas. I don't know his flight time, but his background includes military (fighters), international heavies (747), and test pilot.

I got hired at 5Y during the heat of the pandemic. I had under 3,000 hrs TT, military helicopter PIC time, approximately 1,000 hours 121 SIC, and a masters degree. For anyone trying to get hired now, an internal letter of recommendation is almost a must. I'm not sure the latest numbers, but they had under 20,000 apps on file earlier this year. An internal rec guarantees HR will pull your app.

Back