Southeast Asia

juxtapilot

Snowflake
I've been meaning to post pictures forever, and I've finally uploaded them to Photobucket, so here they are. I think there might be a thread or two around here somewhere with more pictures of the actual activities. These are mostly from the airplane or at the airport.

Northwest's Yoga/Relaxing safety demo instruction lady.
DSC02841.jpg

Inside the airplane... Pretty decent. I'll take an inside seat over an outside seat any day!
DSC02854.jpg

The delicious meal provided by NWA. I ended up eating a bag of goldfish I smuggled on board the airplane.
DSC02862.jpg

Cockpit of this A380-946
DSC02887.jpg

Very enthusiastic captain.:rolleyes:
DSC02890.jpg

Drunk guy threw up behind me as he was boarding through the forward door. Happened right in front of the flight deck door... So I got to wait a little.
DSC02892.jpg

Approach into Seoul
DSC02904.jpg

DSC02907.jpg

WA Bar after the Seoul M&G
DSC03414.jpg

This really needs to be legal in the US... for me.
DSC03413.jpg

Not sure.
DSC03424.jpg

Fun subway station.
DSC03469.jpg

Food OMG so good.
DSC03605.jpg

Most depressing day ever. Wasn't in the mood to leave Seoul. Incheon is actually a really cool airport though.
DSC03620.jpg

NWA Boeing 787
DSC03622.jpg

Polar's home (July 15, 11am LCL)
DSC03635.jpg

DSC03643.jpg

Bibimbap and Raw fish of some sort. Unfortunatly I didn't have a bag of Goldfish...
DSC03651.jpg

Tokyo: Airbus 757-700
DSC03658.jpg

Lots of carts
DSC03659.jpg

Cool clouds
DSC03663.jpg

10 hour flight.
DSC03669.jpg

Approach into KPDX. We landed on the runway on the left. Seriously, that was a fun steep tight approach into PDX... Would have looked cool from the ground probably...
DSC03701.jpg

Overall it was a great trip. I would have liked to stay longer, but I guess it started raining after I left so maybe it was good timing for me... I don't know. That's it.

Thanks for posting. Good pictures, I specially liked the A380's and the 787's images ;):)

Not sure.
DSC03424.jpg

I think that's Dagdemoun (sp) palace and they have a changing of the guard event on the weekends (kind of a living history/ceremonial deal)...

Polar's home (July 15, 11am LCL)
DSC03635.jpg

Yeah that's our new home. The wall facing the runway with the A in the rope fell over last month. I fly the one with the "non-standard" paint :(

I think that's Dagdemoun (sp) palace and they have a changing of the guard event on the weekends (kind of a living history/ceremonial deal)...

Well, wherever it is, I *think* I got off the subway at the City Hall station... Not 100 percent sure on that. There's a really cool abstract art museum 5 minutes from that palace...

Yeah that's our new home. The wall facing the runway with the A in the rope fell over last month. I fly the one with the "non-standard" paint :(

Was it just the section of the A?

DSC0363b-1.jpg

I really suck at editing pictures.

Too bad the weather sucked...

DSC0363b.jpg

This must be some sort of joke!
That wasn't the A380 cockpit!:banghead: It was an A330, since when does the EICAS on the a380- show the specs for only 2 engines, there are no MCDU's (what airbus calls thier FMC's) on the a380. The displays are much larger.:rawk:

Its an A330-200 or -300 not an A380 nor 787 (which is still in production). The other is a 757-200 not a 700. Sorry, not trying to be "that guy".

I was going to say, what's a 757-700? Is that an upgrade version of the 200? Maybe an all glass cockpit.:)

I know it's gonna sound so ass of me, but when you were writing the planes i thought you were joking making a mockery of what the planes really were...i had some nice laughs when reading the description because i have a friend that PURPOSELY says the wrong plane and has the driest humor ever....

Sorry!

But nice pics seriously!:rawk:

I know it's gonna sound so ass of me, but when you were writing the planes i thought you were joking making a mockery of what the planes really were...i had some nice laughs when reading the description because i have a friend that PURPOSELY says the wrong plane and has the driest humor ever....

Sorry!

But nice pics seriously!:rawk:

Hehehe, you're friend and I would get along SO well. I am a goofball, what can I say. :D I guess my post's could have used a few :)sarcasm:) tags..?

I had SO much fun making a mockery of airplanes at college, that I need jetcareers to continue that... Just can't live without it you know!?

Thanks for the compliments. :)

This must be some sort of joke!
That wasn't the A380 cockpit!:banghead: It was an A330, since when does the EICAS on the a380- show the specs for only 2 engines, there are no MCDU's (what airbus calls thier FMC's) on the a380. The displays are much larger.:rawk:

:) Ya got me. :D

Oh good god, I knew there would be a bunch of dorks correcting the obvious sarcasm/jokes of you naming them. C'mon people, SERIOUSLY?!?!

Nice pics, man.

Oh good god, I knew there would be a bunch of dorks correcting the obvious sarcasm/jokes of you naming them. C'mon people, SERIOUSLY?!?!

Nice pics, man.

Haha! Thanks man. I thought it was obvious, at least I tried to make it obvious... Regardless, I had a GREAT time writing that post. I really did.

Haha! I didn't even think about that... :D

Well, with all the plate techtonics/continental drift, I figured they'd be in in the SE quadrant by now... Plus, NWA hammering their A330s into the ground on landing, is just speeding up the process... :rolleyes:

Back