Something funny I just thought of

hambone

Well fellow JCer's, it looks like I am taking a break from aviation for at least a while. I'm off to Asia to teach English. Btw, if any of you are really desperate for work, and are totally unemployed, and just looking to get paid, I suggest what I'm doing. Anyway, the reason I'm posting this is if you're looking to leave aviation completely, you may as well go out with a bang and just forge your entire logbook with all the experience that you've dreamed of and see if you can land that dream job and just wing it. Maybe it works out. Maybe it doesn't. But if it doesn't, the FAA just revokes your licenses, but who cares?! You were leaving the biz anyway. Something to consider.

How much is the english teacher pay? I just went onto the railroad. Very good money and benefits. Keeping all my certs current and getting my masters in mechanical engineering.

English teaching is pretty good honestly. I'm heading to Seoul, and I found a job that pays about 2150 a month plus they pay for housing, round trip airfare, and a bonus of one months salary if you complete a 1 year contract. And if you stay more than one year, you can find much better ones than that, considering a lot of people only stay for one year. I'm not going into anymore debt for more schooling, and all I need for this job is a college degree. There are a lot of other places to teach as well such as China, Thailand, Vietnam, and Japan, but I'm quite that Korea pays the best. Oh yea, the women are smoking hot as well.

Haha, you're doing it for the asian women! You're not the first pilot I know that's done that. Yeah, I would need 6K a month to get me out of the states. Where I'm at now I'll be making 70K a year and they'll pay for me to go back to school and get my masters. Benefits are awesome. I'm really glad I landed this job.

It would take way more than 6k to get me to leave my job here. Thats only 72k. You can make that here easily. At Oshkosh last year I was talking to a guy who had a long-ez and he used to fly for emirates I beleive. He said he took home over 15k a month. Thats something I would do.

It would take way more than 6k to get me to leave my job here. Thats only 72k. You can make that here easily. At Oshkosh last year I was talking to a guy who had a long-ez and he used to fly for emirates I beleive. He said he took home over 15k a month. Thats something I would do.

You can make what where easily? It sounds like you were referring to the U.S., but then you jumped to a friend in Dubai. Can you make 72k as pilot in the U.S. easily?

Can you make 72k as pilot in the U.S. easily?

If you stay at a regional long enough yes. But I wasnt talking about flying. 72k is fairly easily attenable in the business world, as well as the health industry etc. If you think 72k is worth leaving the country your crazy.

If you stay at a regional long enough yes. But I wasnt talking about flying. 72k is fairly easily attenable in the business world, as well as the health industry etc. If you think 72k is worth leaving the country your crazy.

Is 72k easily attainable without a degree in business or health care, or with no experience in either one of them, and no masters degree in anything?

and all I need for this job is a college degree.

You said you need a college degree for this job overseas your taking. So whats the difference between that job and having a bachelors in business here.

Hey Hambone I have a brother that is trying to get into the JET program. Are there any pointers that you can give him?

Oh just to be clear JET = Japanese English Teacher or something to that extent. :)

You said you need a college degree for this job overseas your taking. So whats the difference between that job and having a bachelors in business here.

Humanities major :)(I can't be the only one). 72k is obtainable in many fields, but I wouldn't say it's easily obtainable. My wife has a PhD, doesn't work in acadameia and just started making north of that number a couple years ago. Most people I know in business get stuck in middle manager hell and make maybe 10k less than that, even with an MBA. My mom is an RN with a masters and she's only in the 50s when she works full time. In fact the only person I can think of that's under 35 and makes more than 100k is my friend's brother who works in finance at a big firm.

There's very few jobs that will put you at that level within 5 years. And the ones that do might take more than 5 years off your life from stress.

Hey Hambone I have a brother that is trying to get into the JET program. Are there any pointers that you can give him?

Oh just to be clear JET = Japanese English Teacher or something to that extent. :)

Hey Whatusername. Finding a job as an English teacher is quite easy actually. If you check out eslcafe.com, there are many jobs posted every day. As far as Japan, I don't know as I'm going to Korea. However, what I have heard about Japan in terms of pay is not good. Either the yen strengthened comparative to the dollar or they just started paying less. This is just hearsay, however, I would advise your brother to do a lot of research before heading over there.

In terms of finding a job in Korea, it's very easy. A 4 year degree. Things like a TEFL certificate, an English or Education degree, and prior teaching experience will help find better jobs, but honestly, a engineering degree specializing in magic carpets will find you a job nonetheless. Good luck!

So there is a place to go with my Underwater Basket Weaving PHD!! Sweet
BRB let me grab my bags.

Hey Whatusername. Finding a job as an English teacher is quite easy actually. If you check out eslcafe.com, there are many jobs posted every day. As far as Japan, I don't know as I'm going to Korea. However, what I have heard about Japan in terms of pay is not good. Either the yen strengthened comparative to the dollar or they just started paying less. This is just hearsay, however, I would advise your brother to do a lot of research before heading over there.

In terms of finding a job in Korea, it's very easy. A 4 year degree. Things like a TEFL certificate, an English or Education degree, and prior teaching experience will help find better jobs, but honestly, a engineering degree specializing in magic carpets will find you a job nonetheless. Good luck!

Thanks sir, the teaching job isn't for me its for my brother. He does know some Japanese and spent nine months in Sapporo and I think Kyoto. He is also a communications major so hopefully that helps. :)

Back