So much for the military :-/

If you are dual citizen, you have to renounce your other citizenship to be a USAF officer.

More info...

http://www.flyingsquadron.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=4516&view=findpost&p=166094

If you get PRK or LASIK, you just have to wait one year until your FC1 which is pretty far down the line. (My sight was terrible before I had LASIK and made it through just fine.)

You certainly aren't out of the running unless you give up.

Hey Bravo Delta, are you a current student? IP? which base?

I asked cause you've got my plane on your avatar. (I'm an IP at Columbus).

Well no, ROTC is a completely different animal IIRC. I'm pretty sure you do that in some sort of high school or college capacity.

ROTC is a college thing, a commissioning source just like the various service academies as well as condensed OCS/OTS programs. JROTC is for high schoolers and does not really have that much to do with future military service or obligation.

If they had dual citizenship, then maybe. Russia does not acknowledge acquisition of another citizenship, so in effect, they could end up like my Brazilian friend.

It's crazy how after at least two years of acquiring info on the whole mil pilot thing I never knew this bit of info. I have Brazilian citizenship as well and we'll be applying for American citizenship next year. So I guess it is a pretty tedious process with Brazil, huh? I'm already probably in trouble with them because I never went to the consulate in Miami for the enlistment thing. I should do that soon before they don't let me renew my passport.:banghead:

Hey Bravo Delta, are you a current student? IP? which base?

I asked cause you've got my plane on your avatar. (I'm an IP at Columbus).
I'm heading to OTS next month and then UPT after that. I don't know which base yet though, but I'm hoping for Columbus. I know one guy who started there a few months ago with a wife and kid. He says it's great for a family and I have a wife and two little ones myself.

We shall see where I end up! (I hope to hear soon.)

It's crazy how after at least two years of acquiring info on the whole mil pilot thing I never knew this bit of info. I have Brazilian citizenship as well and we'll be applying for American citizenship next year. So I guess it is a pretty tedious process with Brazil, huh? I'm already probably in trouble with them because I never went to the consulate in Miami for the enlistment thing. I should do that soon before they don't let me renew my passport.:banghead:

BCT, I'm sure all cases are different, but let me tell you about my Brazilian buddy. He was born in Brazil, became a US citizen later. Now that he cutup his passport, he has a hard time going to Brazil. Brazil won't give him a visa because he's already a citizen, so he has to fly to Argentina or Uruguay, then drive to Brazil because the airline won't let him on without a visa or a Brazilian passport, and US Citizens can't enter without that visa. :panic:

BCT, I'm sure all cases are different, but let me tell you about my Brazilian buddy. He was born in Brazil, became a US citizen later. Now that he cutup his passport, he has a hard time going to Brazil. Brazil won't give him a visa because he's already a citizen, so he has to fly to Argentina or Uruguay, then drive to Brazil because the airline won't let him on without a visa or a Brazilian passport, and US Citizens can't enter without that visa. :panic:

Sounds like he just needs to apply for another Brazillian passport.

Hey cencal83406 what about trying to fly for the Coast Guard? I just watch Risk Takers and the CG was featured. They fly Falcon Jets and helos. It looks really cool and like a rush. Makes me want to join!

Back