So much for "finders-keepers"

If you find an iPad/iPhone and you want to keep it and not have the police knocking on your door a few hours later and end up in the news, turn it off. When you get home, put it in DFU mode and restore it as brand new. Then off to ebay! Good luck to the owner trying to track it! Just something I overheard from a gate agent who gets lost items all the time and doesn't bother to take it to lost/found.

As a "Gate Agent" I go to extreme lengths to find the owner as soon as I discover it. Since at Southwest, our FA's clean after every flight, it's pretty easy to find something and know it came from one of the passengers on the flight inbound. When I worked at my old station in BOS, I wouldn't always turn it in to our baggage service office like we were supposed to since they generally didn't care and would just ship the items off to corporate for them to try and find the item. With a little bit of searching through the device, I was always successful finding the owner and giving them a call and telling them I have their IPOD/IPAD/Kindle,etc.

I promise you folks, not all your 'gate agents' are bad guys!

Sending something off to corporate is like at the end of "Raiders of the Lost Ark" when the ark is put in a crate and buried in a warehouse... yeah, it's not going to be seen again. Not out of malice or even 'theft' necessarily, it'll just get lost in the pile. Yes, if a FA finds something help should be sought in finding the owner, but sending it to corporate is a last resort.

Back