So, FWA locks people in who don't buy anything :(

I don't think you were being locked in. I think she was checking to see if you had picked something up.

If you did, then she'd have settled the bill with you and sent you on your way.

Since you didn't, she opened the doors and said goodbye.

I don't see the problem here. I think you're being overly sensitive.

I don't think you were being locked in. I think she was checking to see if you had picked something up.

If you did, then she'd have settled the bill with you and sent you on your way.

Since you didn't, she opened the doors and said goodbye.

I don't see the problem here. I think you're being overly sensitive.,

Damn women! See, this is what happens when I date. Going back to one night stands.

Sounds like she might have even let ya get away w/o paying a facility fee if they have one there. It's just a "thanks for stopping here and using our facilities which we have to pay the bills and taxes on, not to mention salary on the folks that are working here so you could stop and take a break" fee.

The locked door is just for security. They don't want just "anybody" running around the ramp. Especially with those dangerous little airplanes.

Nothin' to worry about.

-mini

those doors were always locked when i was there. and i'm guessing she just wanted to make sure the bill was settled.

Sounds like she might have even let ya get away w/o paying a facility fee if they have one there. It's just a "thanks for stopping here and using our facilities which we have to pay the bills and taxes on, not to mention salary on the folks that are working here so you could stop and take a break" fee.

The locked door is just for security. They don't want just "anybody" running around the ramp. Especially with those dangerous little airplanes.

Nothin' to worry about.

-mini

I can definitely understand the fact that they need to make money. I was just curious about what I was suppose to buy.

I can definitely understand the fact that they need to make money. I was just curious about what I was suppose to buy.
Just the fee at most. Or gas. Like others said, she just wanted to make sure you were actually there with an aircraft and not some nut-job that wanted to run around to the airline ramp and that you had paid for any services.

Nothin' to worry about.

-mini

Whats crazy is Atlantic Aviations "Facility Fee" is $40 for a single engine cessna or 15 Gallon fill up. Thats crazy..Explains why the GA traffic has moved from FWA to other airports. I wanted to go visit the tower today cause I just got hired there and I run Wabash Airport so I was just gonna fly over but hell its cheaper to drive for a $40 fee.

Back