So bored...

ZapBrannigan

If it ain’t a Boeing, I’m not going. No choice.
In Orlando on a 5 day sit. Really don't want to spend the money to do any touristy stuff. (Kind of defeats the purpose of "working" when you spend more than you make on a trip).

We don't ordinarily have many overnights, much less multi-day trips. :banghead:

I feel your pain.:banghead: I'm sitting here in ATL waiting for the phone call that I'm not going to get. Doesn't really bother me though because I know that this is the way it's got to be. The only problem I am foreseeing is the fact that I can't afford my mortgage and a crashpad. :confused: Times is rough. Maybe I'll get a third job? :(

At night when it cools off it might be worth it to go to Downtown Disney or City Walk. Both are free except for parking at City Walk. Wish I was down there this week bro, coulda gone bar hopping.

Citywalk parking is free after 6pm. Probably will go over there for dinner.

Dude, I've been there. Nothing like a cheap fishing rod from wal-mart and a six pack to kill some time relatively cheaply. I'm slowly amassing a collection of "distractions" to take along for the longer trips.

At least you aren't spending a five day in N. Battleford, SK. Only thing to do there was drink and watch some nutty french guy try to ride a balloon to 130,000 ft and parachute out. After his team lost the balloon due to forgetting to connect it to the gondola I gave up.

Well I'm in Ottawa Ontario. Just buying food pretty much takes a good chunk of my per diem. I mean 11 bucks for a footlong sub from subway and a bag of chips!? Give me a break. And thats in Canadian currency. I'm afraid to look and see how it's looking as it's getting exchanged. A tall beer is costing me five bucks!

Of course the hotel is near the airport. We know what type of neighborhoods are near the airport. To get to downtown, I'll have to take the bus or train. That means that I'll have to get some currency exchanged.

I just added the Canada plan to my cell phone and it still cost me 59 cents per minute. I hear texting fees are astronomical. I nearly talked one of my friend girls into coming up and visiting me from Buffalo. But being a corporate pilot, she has to be within a two hour call out and it's 5.5 to Ottawa. So that plan was nixed.

All in all, life ain't bad but I've had better days. I'll most likely be here next week also.

So far this summer, I've been fortunate. My long layovers have been at Jackson Hole, Pagosa Springs, and heading to Gunnison this weekend.

So far this summer, I've been fortunate. My long layovers have been at Jackson Hole, Pagosa Springs, and heading to Gunnison this weekend.

Bastard. :) I had the trip from hell earlier in the week (OJC-PUB-LAS-SAT-HOU-PIB-PFN-RDU-CSG-PDK-OJC), now I'm overnighting in CBK.

My overnights this summer have been BTR, CBK, PUB, HOU, PFN, RDU, MSP, MKT. None of which have been really long enough to do anything. Oh well, I had an easy June (2 overnights, 6 days worked).

When do you go to RVS?

Bastard. :) I had the trip from hell earlier in the week (OJC-PUB-LAS-SAT-HOU-PIB-PFN-RDU-CSG-PDK-OJC), now I'm overnighting in CBK.

My overnights this summer have been BTR, CBK, PUB, HOU, PFN, RDU, MSP, MKT. None of which have been really long enough to do anything. Oh well, I had an easy June (2 overnights, 6 days worked).

When do you go to RVS?
August 22nd.

If the schedule doesn't change, I'll be doing a lot of flying out of MKC next week. If you're in town we can grab a beer.

I fly on Wednesday and then again on Thursday or Friday. I'll take a look on the schedule and see what might work.

I just added the Canada plan to my cell phone and it still cost me 59 cents per minute. I hear texting fees are astronomical.

I did this http://www.presidentschoice.ca/PCTelecom/Default.aspx

I spend quite a bit of time with our brothers from the north and this is the best deal by far compared to your cell phone. You would be amazed at how fast your bill gets up there at .60/min. A simple five dollar card works out to be around 125 minutes and you can buy them and recharge them online. Five dollars on a cell phone will get you 8 minutes.

I did this http://www.presidentschoice.ca/PCTelecom/Default.aspx

I spend quite a bit of time with our brothers from the north and this is the best deal by far compared to your cell phone. You would be amazed at how fast your bill gets up there at .60/min. A simple five dollar card works out to be around 125 minutes and you can buy them and recharge them online. Five dollars on a cell phone will get you 8 minutes.

Yeah I figured I just charge it to the company. The majority of the calling up there is to them. I have to call them a bazillion times. A typical day of phone calling on that run goes like this.

In CYOW:
When I get to the FBO
That I got the Fax of Paperwork from them
When the belt loader shows up
When the freight shows up
When the freight is loaded
That I've faxed them paperwork
When I'm about to block out
I also have to call Canpass(Canadian Customs) to set my arrival back into CYOW.

And thats not including any problems such as a late driver, bad weather, or a broken aircraft.

In KBED:
When the driver shows and my times
When I'm about to depart back to CYOW

In CYOW:
Call Canpass to let them know I've landed and have nothing to declare
Call dispatch to make sure that they gotten the paper work that I've faxed them.

I could run into the FBO to make each one of those phone calls, buts that's just too time consuming. I'd rather just be reimbursed by the company. Maybe after they've broke the bank a couple of times paying my phone bill, they'll go ahead and get a company provided cell phone on that run.:panic:

[rant over]

Oh and another thing. It's no fun being sent up there without any prior training. I'm glad to have survived without any incidents.

So YOU'RE the guy that flys the pencil out of KBED to CYOW for amflight, I think it was amflight 701 if my memory serves?

I used to see you (or that plane) daily when I instructed out of there. Is that a base for amflight? Before you move on to greener pastures let me know how I can get that run as it is the only amflight base/run that would ever work for me.

So YOU'RE the guy that flys the pencil out of KBED to CYOW for amflight, I think it was amflight 701 if my memory serves?

I used to see you (or that plane) daily when I instructed out of there. Is that a base for amflight? Before you move on to greener pastures let me know how I can get that run as it is the only amflight base/run that would ever work for me.

We rotate through it. I've only did it last week. Then I flew a flight from BED to DFW yesterday and will be sitting reserve for a charter for the rest of the week. It's not a bad run. You start 0500 and you are done by 1030.

A few things that suck about it is that you fly Monday and Tuesday, have Wednesday off, and fly Thursday through Sunday. The flight is also actually based out of CYOW.

Easy. Head back over to the FBO and wake up some poor freightdog and tell him you want your plane fueled with prist ricky tick. Then duck. Better yet, have your 19 year old FO do it.

Sorry, had a bad week and am not Feelin Teh Luv for corporates right now. It could be worse. You could be recliner-surfin.

PS. And a propos to nothing, it turns out Jay Leno is just as cool a guy as you might imagine him to be. Saw him coming in lookin like he'd been run over by a truck but he still gladhanded a little bit with the ramp rats and freight scum at MDW at 4am.

I still think your week was probably better than mine.

PS. And a propos to nothing, it turns out Jay Leno is just as cool a guy as you might imagine him to be. Saw him coming in lookin like he'd been run over by a truck but he still gladhanded a little bit with the ramp rats and freight scum at MDW at 4am.

He stopped in for fuel once when I was working the line - and he was a pretty cool guy.

Boris Badenov said:
I still think your week was probably better than mine.

I've come to the conclusion that a lot of people have had a bad week. I for one am sure glad it's over. :banghead:

<-- bored again. This time in Dallas on a 4 day sit. Job sure has changed as of late. :(

ADS. I'll be gone by Tuesday though. Leaving either tomorrow (Sun) or Monday at the latest.

Back