So Alpine Air Express went public?

Douglas

Old School KSUX
Alpine Air Express (OTC BB: APNX), through its operating subsidiary Alpine Aviation Inc. provides air cargo transportation services in the United States with 50 daily departures within Colorado, Hawaii, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wyoming. In addition to air cargo transportation, the Company flies charters for other world class cargo carriers requiring superior regional service, provides maintenance service on aircraft owned or operated by third parties, and operates a First Officer Training Program.
Investment Highlights
  • In business for more than 35 years, APNX has become one of the largest regional air cargo providers by volume in the United States.
  • Major customers include the United States Postal Service (USPS) and other major international transportation and logistic companies.
  • APNX currently has 50 daily departures covering 16 cities in 6 western states and the Hawaiian Islands.
  • APNX currently operates 29 aircraft.
  • APNX currently enjoys a 2.5% regional air cargo market share, with significant growth opportunities available through organic growth and strategic acquisitions.
  • Active fuel hedging programs adds to the bottom-line.
  • Strong, experienced management team - Mr. Eugene Mallette, CEO, has been with Alpine Air since 1979 and has a significant equity position. Mr. Bill Distefano, General Manager, has been with the Company since 1972.
9 Jul 2012 16:00:00 EDT

APNX
Last 0.098
Change unch
% Change unch
Volume 0
As of: 9 Jul 2012 16:00:00 EDT
View: Stock Quote | News

Copyright 2005 - 2010 NASDAQ.com. All rights reserved.
http://www.nasdaq.com

Interesting

0.0000 (0.00%)
Jul 6 - Close
PINK data delayed by 15 mins - Disclaimer
Currency in USD

Range
-​
52 week
0.05 - 0.15​
Open
-​
Vol / Avg.
0.00/4,183.00​
Mkt cap
3.37M​
P/E
6.23​
Div/yield
-​
EPS
0.02​
Shares
34.37M​
Beta
1.94​
Inst. own
-​

Key stats and ratios
Q3 (Jul '11) 2010
Net profit margin​
7.76% 9.57%
Operating margin​
15.80% 19.78%
EBITD margin​
- 36.16%
Return on average assets​
5.74% 7.09%
Return on average equity​
13.67% 19.79%
Employees​
61 -
Carbon Disclosure Rating​
- -​

looks like they have a pay for training-err, FirstOfficer Program- only 19-27k

Program Goals

To provide initial training and Federal Aviation Regulation (FAR) Part 135 Second-in-Command (SIC) qualification and certification. After pilot qualification, a temporary assignment on Alpine Air scheduled Part 135 Air Taxi route system for practical flight experience, including logged PIC time.
Prerequisites

• FAA Commercial Multi-engine license with current instrument privileges
  • Second class Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) medical
Visas

Non- U.S. Citizens not permitted due to the Department of Labor Regulations
Locations

Ground Training - Provo, Utah / Flight Training - Billings, Montana
Training Duration

Initial ground and flight qualification - 15 days. After qualification you will receive approximately six to eight months of actual flight experience (logged)
Flight Experience

The flight experience will be approximately 25-40 hours per month conducted under instrument flight rules (IFR). Duties may also include loading and unloading cargo, for which the pilot will be paid an hourly wage.
Course Content

Ground Training - 10 days (64 hours with an additional sixteen hours of aircraft systems) includes initial company indoctrination and orientation, Crew Resource Management (CRM), Aeronautical Decision Making (ADM), routes, operations specifications, policies and procedures, aeronautical knowledge, regulations, etc.
Flight Training - 5 days (4-6 flight hours and a flight check). The practical experience will be given on the assigned operational route with a guarantee of 150 to 1000 hours of flight experience depending on the training block times contracted for.
Tuition Cost

• Beech 99 aircraft: $19,900.00 (300 hour program)
  • Beech 1900 aircraft: $27,200.00 (300 hour program)
  • All books, study materials, and facilities are included in the tuition cost. Tuition prices subject to change without notice. Rates available for 150 hours programs also.
  • Over $8000 reimbursed as wages earned throughout the course of training.
Payments

$500.00 Class reservation fee - due with application.
Balance due upon arrival for training. Payment will be made by Certified Check, Money Order, Credit Card (Please note there will be a processing fee for Credit Cards).

... backs slowly out of the thread

I'm sure that's for Koreans just like some other known cargo operators do. Alpine doesn't have the greatest safety record though. 1900 down in Hawaii a few years ago, that from what I understand is still sitting on the bottom of the ocean from the tail coming off due to lack of anti-corrosion. I think there was a similar indecent in MT where the CP put one in the side of a large hill after like 2 or 3 pilots refused to fly it.

More than 25 Years of Service
  • 1975: Incorporated in the state of Utah
  • 1982: Received commuter airline certificate
  • 1986: Current management assumed leadership
  • 1988: Placed first Beech 99 into service
  • 1991: Developed unique engine extension program
  • 1999: Discontinued passenger service
  • 2001: Placed first Beech 1900C into service
  • 2001: July 24; commenced operations from new Provo facility
  • 2001: August 17; first public trade of stock
  • 2003: July; Acquire fleet of Beech 1900C aircraft from leasing company
Guess this is not "news".

After those CFITs the Fuzz made them install WAAS and all the bells and whistles. I forget what happened with the BIL 1900? There are too many stories about it. I seem to remember something about an engine seperation and a building. The BIL 1900 wasnt CFIT.

But, if you can get through a stint in a 99 in Wolf Point, MT, all the guys I've talked to seem to enjoy it. I talked to the CP and the ACP a few years ago and they were "Real Guys." I don't think its like it used to be. And I don't think they still have that FO deal. I was under the impression that that went away long ago

(sigh)

I'm not saying you're wrong. They very well could still have the program, I have not been back to their side of the ramp in a long time but I do know that the web site looks like it did 5 years ago. And even if it does exist who cares? ...and why would a potential PFT guy go to Alpine instead of AMF?

Look, I am against the PFT/J just like everyone else. I disagree with it. And to be honest, the only thing I hate more than PFJ/T is to listen to the same old argument over and over. You know, the one where someone gets on the internet and all they care to do is whine about one little tiny aspect of a company they know nothing about. They are SP airplanes. They operate them SP. They probably have an FO program. Based on their certificate, they did not take a job from you, so relax man. This is one of the small things you don't need to worry/whine/complain about. And let's say they do have it, that does NOT instantly make them one of the horrible, run by demons companies a lot of guys would like to make them out to be. ;)

No place you work will be perfect. No company will be perfect. The fact is that Alpine is an all turbine outfit. They operate in a location that I enjoy living in and they pay alright for type and time for the flying they do. The airplanes have 530W's in them and I like that for operating into places like Kalispell, Butte, and Helena (among others) at night in all WX, SP. The pilot group is a typical 135 group and they are a pretty good bunch. Oh yeah, they might have an FO program but know one knows for sure because they've never seen an FO at the company.:p

Perhaps I'm out of line? I just think a lot of people need to prioritize what they bitch about. And maybe, just maybe, do it less.

(sigh)

I'm not saying you're wrong. They very well could still have the program, I have not been back to their side of the ramp in a long time but I do know that the web site looks like it did 5 years ago. etc, etc, etc

Calm down, Francis. I wasn't calling you a liar or anything..

I just think a lot of people need to prioritize what they bitch about. And maybe, just maybe, do it less.

I agree with you completely

Calm down, Francis. I wasn't calling you a liar or anything..

I agree with you completely

I'm not in need of calming down:) Sorry to come off like that. I just don't see why it's a big deal at all when you consider what kind of operation they are conducting? Now, if they were taking jobs it would be different. ...I think we've waisted enough key strokes on this subject;)

I've never been impressed with the durability of any Beechcraft wings or empennage. (but I love the way they fly)

Roger Roger, to your knowledge, is there anything in the general 135 regs that would make an operator inspect the tail by actually taking it apart and looking at it during routine mx?

Do they even scope it?

I am sure they have to inspect the spar in the horizontal stab at some point. I would imagine on one of the phase inspections. Other than that I couldnt imagine them taking the entire tail off.

I've never been impressed with the durability of any Beechcraft wings or empennage. (but I love the way they fly)

Roger Roger, to your knowledge, is there anything in the general 135 regs that would make an operator inspect the tail by actually taking it apart and looking at it during routine mx?

Do they even scope it?

Not that I'm aware of but I'm sure at other operators it's added into a phase inspection somewhere. And I have personally seen corrosion eat a belly of a 1900. Munch munch

Not that I'm aware of but I'm sure at other operators it's added into a phase inspection somewhere. And I have personally seen corrosion eat a belly of a 1900. Munch munch

DIdn't really get the warm and fuzzy feelings when in a casual conversation with MX they said they'd personally like to look at the tails.

Back