Snow returns to 121 flying...

Snow

'Not a new member'
Well last time I was in an airliner cockpit I was sitting on the jumpseat of an Airtran 717 flying home to Philly, in other words, a long while ago. I don't wanna jinx myself and say where but next week I'll be starting new hire training for the E-175. If things stay as they are I should be able to hold capt in my base of choice in about 6mo. Things have certainly changed since I was last at a 121 carrier! I never thought I'd be able to come back and be making more money than I left, not to mention be offered a direct entry capt position. (which I declined) Kinda ironic really, I sat 7+ years in the right seat at my last airline and was never able to hold capt until a few weeks before I decided to resign.

So looking forward to more pay, a larger airplane and a nicer schedule than before! Not sure where I'll go from here but once I get some 121 PIC time under my belt a lot more doors should open up for me.

That’s outstanding. For those of us not here 10ish years ago, can you give us somewhat of a backstory on why you left and why you are coming back? I am wondering if this is a case for the ALPA National chairman saying that there are enough pilots, but not enough pay when he asked the DOT to tell Skywest to stuff it over EAS route pulldowns. That message rubbed most the wrong way, but perhaps there is something to it?

That’s outstanding. For those of us not here 10ish years ago, can you give us somewhat of a backstory on why you left and why you are coming back? I am wondering if this is a case for the ALPA National chairman saying that there are enough pilots, but not enough pay when he asked the DOT to tell Skywest to stuff it over EAS route pulldowns. That message rubbed most the wrong way, but perhaps there is something to it?

ALPA national level leadership has a President, not a Chair. (doesn't change your point... just pointing it out.) Also, I really didn't see too many people (other than Skywest pilots) bent out of shape that he said it.

ALPA national level leadership has a President, not a Chair. (doesn't change your point... just pointing it out.) Also, I really didn't see too many people (other than Skywest pilots) bent out of shape that he said it.
I actually originally wrote President, but then changed it.

I doubt that many people even noticed it happened.

Welcome back! And congrats

…do you have time to talk about flow? (Sarcasm)

Long story short, I needed more time at home, so the airline thing wasn't working out. Now I don't need as much time at home and the incentives are great right now. Not to mention majors are hiring like crazy right now.

Back