Skywest

What's the 401K match there now? I contributed up to their max match for a few years and its...uninspiring seeing it today.

If you are contributing the only up to the match you’ll end up working next to forever before you can replace your income with savings.
It is easy math. Yet people are always shocked when they look at it seriously for the first time at the age of 55.
If you are putting in %12 (%6 you and %6 employer) it will take you 48 years to retire...

So if you were hired at age 17 that’ll work out just in time for mandatory retirement at 65. If not you’d better rethink your spending.
I’m really tired of listening to people complain that they can’t afford to save but they have huge mortgage, new cars, kids in private school, spouse doesn’t work, Apple Watch, etc....

If you are contributing the only up to the match you’ll end up working next to forever before you can replace your income with savings.
It is easy math. Yet people are always shocked when they look at it seriously for the first time at the age of 55.
If you are putting in %12 (%6 you and %6 employer) it will take you 48 years to retire...

So if you were hired at age 17 that’ll work out just in time for mandatory retirement at 65. If not you’d better rethink your spending.
I’m really tired of listening to people complain that they can’t afford to save but they have huge mortgage, new cars, kids in private school, spouse doesn’t work, Apple Watch, etc....

I don't have any of those things and I can't afford to save.

I do have a modest car payment and a mound of student debt. I guess most people my age have been captains for ten years though

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I don't have any of those things and I can't afford to save.

I do have a modest car payment and a mound of student debt. I guess most people my age have been captains for ten years though

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Hell of a lot easier to save especially when they stop taxing you on that SS. At least it has been for me last couple years. #first128k #byebye

Back