Skylease

bretthullrampage

Searching didn't turn up much. How is this place? Had a dispatcher on my jumpseat who said he'd be willing to walk my stuff in. I'd like to know what I'm getting into before I do. Thanks.

Dan208B

Searching didn't turn up much. How is this place? Had a dispatcher on my jumpseat who said he'd be willing to walk my stuff in. I'd like to know what I'm getting into before I do. Thanks.
I'm in class with 2 guys that quit Skylease and Centurion to come here. They have absolutely nothing good to say. I also read an article today that Centurion is being sued (a lot) for not paying fuel bills. I will try to find the link. I understand it probably seems cool to fly a big airplane and it may be a good resume improver but my big concern with Skylease would be the job security. They seem to furlough fairly often, and may not be around long. Tough call. Also, do you live in MIA? You can commute but lots of shorter trips out of MIA southbound so you'll need a crashpad. Let me know if you have specific questions, I can ask the guys.

bretthullrampage

I'm in class with 2 guys that quit Skylease and Centurion to come here. They have absolutely nothing good to say. I also read an article today that Centurion is being sued (a lot) for not paying fuel bills. I will try to find the link. I understand it probably seems cool to fly a big airplane and it may be a good resume improver but my big concern with Skylease would be the job security. They seem to furlough fairly often, and may not be around long. Tough call. Also, do you live in MIA? You can commute but lots of shorter trips out of MIA southbound so you'll need a crashpad. Let me know if you have specific questions, I can ask the guys.
Thanks for the reply. The lack of stability is definitely a turn off, if I want that I'll just stay at Eaglevoy haha.

Flymia

Centurion looks like is just about done. They furloughed all their pilots a few days ago and have millions upon millions in unpaid debts and are now being taken to court on them.

Skylease is its own certificate and it may survive according to someone I know who is close to the airline. But I personally doubt it.

dasleben

That's just, like, your opinion, man
I watched one of their jets in MIA trailing smoke off the #2 on takeoff. Flightaware showed they just continued on.

Tommay85

All I have to add is when I see them in Maiquetia, no stairs, no loaders, no handlers and the crew is stading in the doorway with a frustrated look on their face, I'm immediately turned off by them. VZ is a terrible place to have issues...

I rank skylease below Amerijet, and that's saying something! :)