Skydive pilot escapes spin before crash

Got sucked into the vortex.... Ended up watching all of em. Feel fat. Like I ate a pan of brownies. Great stuff, and some good piloting takeaways from some of the other vids.

Where is the pull for it? Is it possible it got caught on the top of the doorway or the side? They seemed to be rubbing against in the shot showing the exit.

On 99% of sport rigs the reserve ripcord handle is on the left main lift web. Most skydivers religiously check their handles, make sure they are not loose or have fallen out of place. When you preflight your gear before a jump you're supposed to do a pin check to make sure your reserve pin is properly secured. But when you're doing mass exit formations gear rubs on other skydivers, the the aircraft and on very rare occurrence, result in something devastating.

I can actually think of one funny yet serious occurrence where a skydiver I know had his main pilot chute get caught on a ledge between the door and the bench when he left the airplane he basically static lined him self out the door at 15,000 that probably was a long canopy ride down.

Where is the pull for it? Is it possible it got caught on the top of the doorway or the side? They seemed to be rubbing against in the shot showing the exit.
The reserve handle is on the straps on your chest. The chute is on top of the rig in back.

Back