sju, Puerto rico

Isla Grande is a contract tower. The only FAA faciluities in SJU are San Juan Intl Airport Tower and the CERAP. Two separate facilities.

I'm a FEBOT and one of the biggest regrets I have is not picking Puerto Rico as my first geographic preference. Being that it's never mentioned on this site, I'm now thinking that I would've been guaranteed a slot even with my "qualified" test score.

Stupid me picked NY and NJ.

Yes you would have that was my first pick but i switched locations being that they dont pay for moving expenses... you probably can still swap thats what I did when I got my FOL

I'm a FEBOT and one of the biggest regrets I have is not picking Puerto Rico as my first geographic preference. Being that it's never mentioned on this site, I'm now thinking that I would've been guaranteed a slot even with my "qualified" test score.

Stupid me picked NY and NJ.

whats a FEBOT??

Applicant for the February Off The Street announcement (aka PUBNAT1)

oh ok. Hey man, i lived in Puerto Rico for a year when i was stationed there while in the Navy. The island is beautiful, as long as you either get outside of the cities and look at what the island has to offer or u stick to the tourists spots in San Juan. I lived in Ceiba which was an hour south of San Juan and I liked it, but only cause I lived on base. People there are lazy as hell, traffic is a joke (yield to red traffic lights after midnight???) and noone will help u with anything. Its that island mentality I think, but I mean I went to the rain forest, went fishing, diving, chillin at the beach, etc. Its pretty cool but I wouldnt want to live there any longer than a year

oh ok. Hey man, i lived in Puerto Rico for a year when i was stationed there while in the Navy. The island is beautiful, as long as you either get outside of the cities and look at what the island has to offer or u stick to the tourists spots in San Juan. I lived in Ceiba which was an hour south of San Juan and I liked it, but only cause I lived on base. People there are lazy as hell, traffic is a joke (yield to red traffic lights after midnight???) and noone will help u with anything. Its that island mentality I think, but I mean I went to the rain forest, went fishing, diving, chillin at the beach, etc. Its pretty cool but I wouldnt want to live there any longer than a year

Don't forget how all local gov't agencies shut down when they're low on moneys. :crazy:

Back