Sisters kicked off Allegiant Air plane on way to see dying father for being 'threat

Oxman

Something is missing from this story. Sounds like one sister was standing in the aisle in the back and the FA wanted her to return to her seat.

Video in link.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...legiant-air-plane-dying-dad-article-1.2935788

Two sisters never made it to see their dying father after they were booted from an Allegiant Air flight after being told they were a "threat."

Debbie Hartman and Trisha Baker were traveling from Florida to North Carolina on Monday to see their dad when Baker received a text message that he may not have much time left, according to WKMG.

"I didn't know if my sister was getting the same text and (I) was I thinking, 'I need to go back and tell her,'" Baker told the station.

According to the women, a flight attendant would not let one sister comfort the other.

"She said, 'You need to sit down' and I said, 'Well, can I just sit here? I just want to console my sister. We just got word that my dad's dying,'" Baker told WKMG.

sisters.jpg

When I saw headline I was thinking unruly argumentative passengers,
After watching the other passenger video I changed my mind.

Sounds like she did in fact get up while pushing back or taxiing, but sat down then next to sister?
Is Allegiant assigned seating, kinda curious why they were not together to begin with?

But if you take other passenger you-tube explanation at face value, it sounds like a FA went off the rails on a power trip, IMO

The full other passenger video
http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/...373560174/640x360_MP4_7485127364373560174.mp4

same basic story different site
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...l?offset=100&max=100&jumpTo=comment-168946308

Allegiant charges for seat assignments, and they are assigned at lottery if you do not purchase them to ensure you sit together. Any time I've been on Allegiant and the door has closed, I have never been in trouble for switching seats, even to the exit row if it is open. However, I never got up when the jet was moving.

Baker then confronted the flight attendant, accusing her of being rude and insensitive.

Perhaps they gave the F/A attitude and he or she chose to very strictly enforce policies. Doubt we will ever hear the full story.

I'm not heartless to their situation.
That having been stated, but there is NO reason these two should make their issue a part of the other passenger's lives!! Even in an emotional state, you have to comply with the seatbelt light and the instructions from a crew member!

Does this suck they were kicked off? Yep. Does anyone who is crew for an airline know that there is significantly more to this story? Oh hell yes we do. Getting kicked off an airplane isn't easy to do. And just because you are on your way to visit your dying father, that doesn't absolve you of following the law (yes, it's most often laws being broken that get people kicked off airplanes)

I'm not heartless to their situation.
That having been stated, but there is NO reason these two should make their issue a part of the other passenger's lives!! Even in an emotional state, you have to comply with the seatbelt light and the instructions from a crew member!

According to the video from another passenger, the two in question were sitting across the isle from each other, remained belted and only leaned across the isle.

According to the video from another passenger, the two in question were sitting across the isle from each other, remained belted and only leaned across the isle.

According to one of the sisters, she got up and "went back to her sister to console her". I'm guessing that's where she sat down next to her across the aisle from her.

I dunno. There's always two sides to these stories and we're only hearing one. F/A could have been a bit of a bully. The pax could have been belligerent. Probably a mix of both.

Regardless, it's tragic that their father was dieing, but that doesn't give you carte blanche to do whatever the hell you want. I tend to side with the crew on this one though because it sounds like they were already in the air and I doubt they would have turned the plane around for a garden variety pissing match, i.e. no good reason.

Amazing how these videos of passengers complying with the rules and being unfairly removed are always filmed at precisely the right time.

Amazing how these videos of passengers complying with the rules and being unfairly removed are always filmed at precisely the right time.

Well if they weren't doing anything than there'd have been no reason to be filming. If it was their own video, I'd consider the timing suspicious, but usually when someone else is filming they start during the disruption or disturbance.

It's almost fun trying to guess if it was the NY Times, Post, or Daily News by the headline. Nailed it!

But I think the article is leaving out a lot, going for the heart-tugging headline rather than "After numerous requests for the passenger to return to their assigned seat so we could continue ground operations, the decision was made that the passenger was non-compliant and out of the interests of ALL our passengers onboard that paid for a ticket, had vacations, meetings and family to get to, we removed the offenders"

The passenger's itinerary is irrelevant. It boils down to disruptive passenger removed from flight.

Sent from my Startac using Tapatalk.

Back