Since Cedar Key, FL is Popular Now...

Jpax

Why not a video from this past weekend? Be sure to watch in "High Quality!" (I'm fairly certain the embed value is normal/low quality, so click on the video, and select High Quality on YouTube)

10 minute video on the way there:

[yt]AoAu_03RnBU[/yt]

And some night action on the return:

[yt]nTz9yVw49Rw[/yt]

:rawk:

--Jpax

That looks incredibly fun. Here's to living vicariously through you Jpax!

Thanks for the comments folks, much appreciated :D

Are you out of MLB? I saw you departed from the north side- Im right over at FIT :)

Yeah, I am. This is in my friends C206T which he has in his north t-hangar... I'm also out of FIT, finishing up my multi-comm addon.

nice videos. i remember my first trip to cedar key. its was only a few weeks ago. its a great place to visit. real "old" florida atmosphere and awesome seafood. my first landing there was a fun experience. it was my first trip to a field less than 3500 feet. TLH, where im based, has a 6k and an 8k runway. big difference. i noticed the stall horn go off on your touchdown. that has become and every-landing occurence for me over at cedar key or dog island.

BTW, dog island (FA43) is a great place to spend the afternoon. the beach is about 300 ft from where you park the plane. no cars, no bridge, only access is by boat or plane. check it out, great place for picnic/afternoon with the lady.

BTW, dog island (FA43) is a great place to spend the afternoon. the beach is about 300 ft from where you park the plane. no cars, no bridge, only access is by boat or plane. check it out, great place for picnic/afternoon with the lady.

Excellent find there! Just checked it out, looks really nifty. I now have a flight planned there for next weekend :D Thanks for the recommendation!

Excellent find there! Just checked it out, looks really nifty. I now have a flight planned there for next weekend :D Thanks for the recommendation!

my pleasure, happy to help. it really is a cool place to visit. i prefer flying the coast lines, the scenery is always great. becareful landing over there at dog island though. know what the wind is doing before you commit to landing. not much room for error with such a short runway and trees everywhere. well you know, not much different than cedar key. have fun!

im planing a trip to st geroge island (F47) this weekend. its also a great place to hang out for the day. its real close to dog island. 15 miles or so to the west. and it has a paved runway longer than 2300 feet!

im planing a trip to st geroge island (F47) this weekend. its also a great place to hang out for the day. its real close to dog island. 15 miles or so to the west. and it has a paved runway longer than 2300 feet!

I've got a few friends that have been to F47, they have talked nothing but positively about the place.

As for Dog Island, I'm going to go out and purchase a small charcoal grill to bring along, and we shall have a beach-side BBQ! I haven't read anything about it not being allowed, but I'll give the folks over there a call before I commit to bringing it. :D

sounds good. last time i just brought a cooler with some drinks and stuffed a few 5 dollar footlongs in there for the lady and I. the grill sounds like a no brainer though. should have thought of that before. whatever you do, dont forget the charcol!

im headed to F47 on sunday. if your gonna be there this weekend, and you see an old 172 doing a fly-by... that'll be me. i ususally skirt the coast from F47 back to KTLH at 500 ft.

im headed to F47 on sunday. if your gonna be there this weekend, and you see an old 172 doing a fly-by... that'll be me. i ususally skirt the coast from F47 back to KTLH at 500 ft.

Unfortunately the trip to Dog Island is being pushed back to next weekend, or the weekend after that. Oh well... Have fun at F47, though!

roger that. im actually about to head over to the airport now. my friend and i are gonna fly over to F47 for a touch and go just because its so nice out.

Back