SimiFlight Right seat program

mgerwig

Anybody know anything about the right seat program at places like SimiFlight or Flightsaftey. Are there minimums to get in? IS it worth the time, etc? Danka...

If you send them a resume, it might help to get the name right. I know a little about the program and can assure you it will not be well-recieved if you apply to "simiflight."

LOL. If you know something about the program and would like to help a fellow pilot out by sharing that would be great, if on the other hand you're into being the spelling police maybe you should check out the old "i before e, except after c" rule.

LOL. If you know something about the program and would like to help a fellow pilot out by sharing that would be great, if on the other hand you're into being the spelling police maybe you should check out the old "i before e, except after c" rule.

haha, very well said!

I have a few friends at FS doing an intern program down there. They type you SIC in whatever your flying in so you can act SIC for PICs in training without a flying partner. If you're there a year and have a 1000 hours they'll upgrade you to a PIC type. Good program I hear though doesn't pay alot since it's a internship.

Anyone offering a free recurrent if you do weekend (or even week-long I suppose, if I took a vacay week) right seat "help"?

Anyone know where I can get a free recurrent? ...other than "in my dreams"? :)

-mini

Doh. It takes one to know one, I suppose.

I have gotten a couple job offers from various companies from my connections at SimuFlite. If you can get in, go for it. There is no pay. After 80 sim sessions they will give you a type.

I'm a current right-seater at CAE. If you do a search for "SimuFlite Right Seat" you'll find all the info you need.

if you think about it tho, he is correct....if he were to send in a resume, it would probably get thrown in the trash due to incorrect company name spelling....so it really shouldn't be overlooked. :D

I have known MANY people that got really good jobs through Simuflite! If you can survive the the 2 weeks of zero pay its not a bad idea.

Also, if you're low time and you're just using it to make connections to get a job then you'll be waiting a while.

Remember....insurance companies rule the 135/91 world.

I have known MANY people that got really good jobs through Simuflite! If you can survive the the 2 weeks of zero pay its not a bad idea.
OMG youz guyz are ruininnnnngz tha industree! Everyone must get paid for every single time they think about looking at an airplane!

Ok, now since thats done, that right seat program actually sounds like fun. Do you get typed in something you request or do you get typed in something that they have the most demand for?

Ok, now since thats done, that right seat program actually sounds like fun. Do you get typed in something you request or do you get typed in something that they have the most demand for?

I think you CAN request equipment, but if they are lacking somewhere else they will put you there. Im not exactly sure though.....

One thing to remember if you are sitting around 1000 hours TT dont go requesting the GV or CX! You are realistically only insurable for the King Airs or other turbo props.

Call the center where you want to go and talk to the center manager or director of training.

I work as a SIC at Toledo, for FlightSafety. I however, have a different situation as I am a full time employee of FSI from my time down at FSA in Vero Beach.

Basically I am an Intern who gets paid and does right seat stuff.

If you have any questions I can answer them, I do not have any experience with Simuflight, but I can answer the majority of ones about FSI.

A couple of reminders...

1. Don't come to the right seat program thinking you are going to get free training and then bail, or show up once and a while. The program has changed over the years because of folks taking advantage of it; and that screws us who are trying to make a living in this buisness.

2. A type rating with no time in type is pretty much worthless; and 500 hours in the sim isn't going to mean anything other than you can read a checklist well and probably know the emergency procedures and the VOR 4L circle to land 31R at KJFK in your sleep. Hell you don't even get to simulate emptying the lav at Simuflite, let alone develop the skills that only come from experiencing real weather, real traffic, real atc, and really dumb passengers who show up with 1200 pounds of luggage, three extra friends, and four dogs.

3. If you are comming to this program to try and enter the 135/91 world please focus on professionalism and customer service. Develop these skills because safety and proficiency should already be a given. Everyone knows to fill out a told card, but do you remember that Mr. Smith wants fresh cut limes for his Vodka Tonic; and that Mrs. Smith really enjoyed the last bottle of pinot noir you put on the plane for her.

Seriously, the CAE Simuflite right seat program is a great deal if you are local have at least 1000 hours, are 100% instrument proficient, and really want to enter the corporate world. If you are just doing it for fun or to take advantage of free training and bolt... please don't bother.

Back