Hey guys. Can sim time count towards total time for 135 minimums. The way I read the regs it can't but I wanted to get your input. If it can, does it depend on the type of sim. Thanks in advance.
far 1.1(c) except as provided in paragraph (a) of this section, no certificate holder may use a person, nor may any person serve, as pilot in command of an aircraft under ifr unless that person—
(1) holds at least a commercial pilot certificate with appropriate category and class ratings and, if required, an appropriate type rating for that aircraft; and
(2) has had at least 1,200 hours of flight time as a pilot, including 500 hours of cross country flight time, 100 hours of night flight time, and 75 hours of actual or simulated instrument time at least 50 hours of which were in actual flight; and
(3) for an airplane, holds an instrument rating or an airline transport pilot certificate with an airplane category rating; or
(4) for a helicopter, holds a helicopter instrument rating, or an airline transport pilot certificate with a category and class rating for that aircraft, not limited to vfr.
flight time means:
(1) pilot time that commences when an aircraft moves under its own power for the purpose of flight and ends when the aircraft comes to rest after landing; or
(2) for a glider without self-launch capability, pilot time that commences when the glider is towed for the purpose of flight and ends when the glider comes to rest after landing.