Sign-on bonuses?

kosmotheoria

I am an OTS person who JUST got his test date back from OKC. I'm heading to Holtsville, NY on the 15th of Jan. to take the test. Coming right up.

I recently heard a rumor that there was a $20k bonus - is this true? Does the FAA have a bonus program currently? Or is it available for OTS and/or CTI graduates? What's the lowdown?

The bonus only applies to those who have 52 consecutive weeks as a controller. Us OTS'ers don't qualify.

I am an OTS person who JUST got his test date back from OKC. I'm heading to Holtsville, NY on the 15th of Jan. to take the test. Coming right up.

I recently heard a rumor that there was a $20k bonus - is this true? Does the FAA have a bonus program currently? Or is it available for OTS and/or CTI graduates? What's the lowdown?

A few months ago there was a very large bonus for anyone who applied and went to NY, least that was one of the stories I read about it, i could be wrong but i think it was 100k

why would the FFA give a bonus to a bunch of OTS nubees when they are so eager to take the job with the IWR ant the C scale pay???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

think hard folks this the FFA your talking about. if there is a bonus plan its for CONTROLLERS not TRAINEES, now days you nubees are a dime a dozen and can be relpaced with a phone call at any time.and its been done where i work.

last month my tracon washed out 4 CONTROLLERS that had just transfered in from other facilites.they all washed out in the radar lab and never made it to the floor.

A few months ago there was a very large bonus for anyone who applied and went to NY, least that was one of the stories I read about it, i could be wrong but i think it was 100k

If I remember correctly I think the 100k bonus was for CPCs who applied for openings in NY (a transfer basically). That and it was paid out over several years.

why would the FFA give a bonus to a bunch of OTS nubees when they are so eager to take the job with the IWR ant the C scale pay???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

think hard folks this the FFA your talking about. if there is a bonus plan its for CONTROLLERS not TRAINEES, now days you nubees are a dime a dozen and can be relpaced with a phone call at any time.and its been done where i work.

last month my tracon washed out 4 CONTROLLERS that had just transfered in from other facilites.they all washed out in the radar lab and never made it to the floor.

best post of the new year :sarcasm:

FFA :rolleyes:

Future Farmers of America is giving out bonuses?

Your views are fresh and interesting and I would love to hear more.

You folks are shooting the messenger.

I disagree. Here's what kosmotheoria sounds like:

"Hello, I am new to this process and have an innocent question about something I read."

And here's what queeno sounds like:

"Blah blah blah, I'm mad at my employer and want to take it out on *NEWBIES* instead of the people I should really be mad at. I'm going to gloss over the OP's question to remind him and any other newcomers that they're on borrowed time and will be washed out JUST YOU WAIT AND SEE blarrgghhh (insert excessive punctuation)"

Why does this thread need that? Start your own "Why newbies will washout and why I think the FAA sucks" thread and keep this one on topic. Us newbies can stay out of it and let you guys complain all you want. I just pray that it's simple internet venting and that current ATC Vets aren't going up to their trainees in person and filling them with this garbage.

Us newbies can stay out of it and let you guys complain all you want. I just pray that it's simple internet venting and that current ATC Vets aren't going up to their trainees in person and filling them with this garbage.
:yup: once you get to your facility youll get to see firsthand what people are complaining about, you wont need a trainer to tell you anything.

:yup: once you get to your facility youll get to see firsthand what people are complaining about, you wont need a trainer to tell you anything.

But I'll bet you money that when I do, I won't post about it in a topic titled "Sign on bonuses."

That's fine. Go talk about it in a thread titled "Existing controllers, discuss your frustrations with the newcoming workforce and management."

I don't see what any of this has to do with a question about Sign Up Bonuses, and I'm disappointed that I let myself jump on the derail bandwagon. I'm done. My apologies to the OP

But I'll bet you money that when I do, I won't post about it in a topic titled "Sign on bonuses."

That's fine. Go talk about it in a thread titled "Existing controllers, discuss your frustrations with the newcoming workforce and management."

I don't see what any of this has to do with a question about Sign Up Bonuses, and I'm disappointed that I let myself jump on the derail bandwagon. I'm done. My apologies to the OP

except for my last line, i belive i answered the question on OTS bonuses,sounds like your a bit thin skined not good if you want to be a contrtoller.

I'm pretty sure that just being alive puts one into the "probably not qualified to be a controller" category, considering the small percentage of people who are capable.

except for my last line, i belive i answered the question on OTS bonuses,sounds like your a bit thin skined not good if you want to be a contrtoller.

Du yu haff tooo be a gud tokker to be uh contrtoller?

The spell check button is in the top right corner. Use it please.

The tone of your post was completely unnecessary. You could have simply answered the question without being <....>. It might also help your credibility to learn the english language before berating people you know nothing about on a public forum.

Du yu haff tooo be a gud tokker to be uh contrtoller?

The spell check button is in the top right corner. Use it please.

The tone of your post was completely unnecessary. You could have simply answered the question without being <....>. It might also help your credibility to learn the english language before berating people you know nothing about on a public forum.
If you read the rest of his posts you will see that every one of them are that way. And they all basically say the same thing. "You're all a bunch of noobs and you have no future as a controller." I am very much afraid of how high his blood pressure must be.

Back