Sierra Academy of Aeronautics?

av8r

Does anyone have any information about the flight dispatch program at Sierra Academy of Aeronautics in California? Just found it on the web but haven't heard anything about the school. Just curious to hear people's opinions, good stories, bad stories, etc.

Thanks!

Sierra Academy of Aeronautics has been around with their flight program for sometime. As far as the Dispatch course, I have not heard much about it. Over the years their flight program is been discussed here as well as on other forums, like many, some good, some not so good.

If you are looking for something out west, try Sonoran-wings.com. On the website; check out their Flight Control Academy. They have a great director/owner Larry C. working with the principles Jerry and his wife, Dee are without a doubt lookout for the student’s best interest.

Jerry and Dees background is in developing training programs for the federal government. As a side note, their Flight training program is fantastic.

They are located in Tucson Arizona at the TUC airport. It is a 5-week aircraft dispatcher certification course. Most of the instructor’s expertise lies in having worked in their area of instruction. Systems, ATC, Dispatching ect ect.

Our class had logged time in their 100K flight simulator. Their approach at teaching the subject, is to deliver a real look at the job of the various fields you are learning, Dispatcher, PIC, ATC, System, Performance, Meteorology, Weight and Balance...ect.

During our 5 weeks we had a control tower tour, systems taught by an FSI systems instructor, weather taught by a meteorologist, dispatch procedures taught by retired dispatchers.

All in our class passed and completed their course in Sept08. For me it was a great experience.

If you have any further question, please feel free to PM me.

regards.....8sm

p.s. I do not work for them nor am I compensated. I believe they are delivering a great program with results.

Do they have any type of employment assistance either during or upon completion of the course?

Also, are there big challenges for the student who won't have a mode of transportation while attending? I'm thinking that groceries and little trips to a department store might be a necessity every now and then. A man has gotta eat!

Do they have any type of employment assistance either during or upon completion of the course?

Also, are there big challenges for the student who won't have a mode of transportation while attending? I'm thinking that groceries and little trips to a department store might be a necessity every now and then. A man has gotta eat!

Getting into an FAA approved school is the key. Employment assistance is optional, it should't be a determining factor. Even though I got a job with my current employer through my school, I did most of the job hunting on my own. After accepting a job with Xtra, I turned down a job offer with Great Lakes. I submitted resumes and applications with GLA, Mesa and Nantuket without the school's assistance. There are plenty of ways to search for work without assistance from the school. Just get the license first and the opportunities will follow.

Back