Side gigs

Bsmiller05

Hello all,

Not sure if this is the right area, but I’ve been lurking around here for a while but I’ve been silent for years. What kind of side jobs/online jobs/part-time jobs do people tend to have around here? I’m in the sim world so I haven’t had a medical in a while. So, non-flying side jobs is where I was leaning.

Thanks!

I have an AATD and a BATD in a home office setting. Trying to figure out how to market it but hope to start doing some training next spring. Located in the middle of nowhere rural WA state so trying to figure out how to attract people is going to be the challenge. But could have some fun with part time CFII stuff. No medical needed. What do you do in the sim world?

Food critic, and sell photos of my feet with various hotel rooms in the background.

It depends on where you are in the world of pay. The reality for most guys in the 121 world is that just picking up an extra trip or two each month will bring in way more cheddar than you could get in most side hustles. That said, having a side gig for tax reasons can be a huge benefit. I spun up a photography print and sticker business over the last year for this reason.

Back when I was doing medevac and before Covid killed the hospital system and made us busy all the time I did a fair bit of aviation mx.

Back