Shuttle video.

Eagle

Ok for those who have seen the Shuttle video released inside the cabin. an observation.

It is just me, Or does the professionalism of the pilots, with obvious military bearing show through in the relating/conversation with the crew in the back. specifically they are all (including the pilots) enjoying a Kickass lightshow. and discussing it. but the Pilots keep reverting to the task at hand.

Pilot: check suit pressurization,

Woman in the back.: Now? I don't have my gloves on yet.

Pilot : Put your gloves on

Woman in the back, you want me to put the gloves on now?

Pilot, Yes,

Woman in the back, fumbling to complete task looking confused or overwhelmed at the book (check list) in her lap.

Now, I understand at this point they didn't know anything was wrong.

Also they were all excited and rightfully so.

Nothing they could have done would have changed the out come.

But come the *uck on people. This may be a huge science project to some but lets get real the checklists and procedure are part of the mission... ..... Oh never mind.

Gigantic Kudos to the Pilot and Co-pilot for keeping focused on the mission and the details of it start to finish and doing their best.

[ QUOTE ]
It is just me, Or does the professionalism of the pilots, with obvious military bearing show through in the relating/conversation with the crew in the back

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I don't know about the "obvious military..." statement or that they seemed more professional during the video. The commander and pilot were there to get the bird back on the ground safely and were doing what they were suppose to be doing at the time. They would obviously be in the spot light and running the show at this point in flight.

While the commander and pilot's workload were probably at a high level during this phase of flight in the video, the other astronauts' workloads were probably very low since their jobs had already been accomplished.

The female astronaut behind the pilots also may have just been holding the normal and non-normal checklists during different phases of the flight and had her gloves off so she could easily turn the pages or flip switches if necessary which is, I'm sure, very hard to do with the gloves on. When the commander determined it was time to put the gloves back on he simply gave the order.

I'm sure the other astronauts were very professional while performing their duties in their areas of expertise while in space.

Anyway, don't be too hard I'm them. We saw a very small clip of the entire re-entry.

Back