should have never left line service

schuh

I worked at Atlantic aviation at Mather ca. I worked there for a year and it was the best job i ever took. I worked a airshow with the blue angles, a P 51, the oracle team with sean tucker, and a bunch of other cool planes.
Got to take a aerobatic ride with Tim Decker in his Pitts. Cool stuff. Got to launch the airforces T38's all the time. got a 40 dollar tip for throwing a golf bag in a guys cirrus. I think about all the stuff i did and i wish i never left. Now i am a real estate agent dressing up and driving people around looking at stupid houses. :banghead: Haha o well.

Thats why I just applied at Sac Jet center!! haha hope i get it.:rawk:

Whats the best thing that happened at your FBO?

i always enjoy marshalling helicopters (exspecially if they are air taxing)...but when i worked in joplin as line service we had the snoopy blimp (metlife insurance i think!)came in and tied down for the night,i didnt help but just watching that thing come in...well it took a while...i had a UH-1 iraquios (HUEY) land and take fuel...that was neat...

Probabaly when the Richards NHRA sponsor comes in, those guys are funny.

Other then that, I stayed an hour late to open some doors and turn on the a/c for a client, he took my name for a job and slipped me a fresh $20.

When I worked at an FBO up in Seattle, the Sultan of Brunei flew in in his Gulfstream.

As he was leaving, he had all of the line service guys line up along the red carpet and handed out crispy $100s to every single one.

Pretty cool!

I also got to meet all kinds of great music acts...Pearl Jam, Guns N Roses (who absolutely TRASHED a MGM Grand Air 727), the Dead (before Jerry died), Rod Stewart.

One of the best was sax player Kenny G, who -- like or dislike his music -- was a very cool cat. He spent about an hour after landing just talking about airplanes with the line guys.

I want to clarify: I didn't spend any time in the right seat of the airplane while it was flying. I was saying that another good thing that happened at my FBO was the airplane in my avatar showing up on our ramp.

I want to clarify: I didn't spend any time in the right seat of the airplane while it was flying. I was saying that another good thing that happened at my FBO was the airplane in my avatar showing up on our ramp.

I may not work for an FBO, but as a Ramper at PHX, I've seen many an awesome plane as well.

Most people don't get to see this plane "Illinois One" from Southwest.
I don't even work for them, but when I saw this beauty on approach, I simply had to meet her in person....

I worked the ramp at KSNA for atlantic. We always had our fair share of people.

-Colin Powell
-Hilary Clinton
-Harrison Ford
-Nicholas Cage
-Kobe Bryant
-The govenator himself
-Larry the cable guy
-Rudy Guiliani sp?

Etc.....

I know a lot of political figures but hey it was still pretyy cool.....

Derek

I worked for Signature in DAL. One night, a gulfstream showed up on our ramp and out comes Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore. They had diverted to DAL due to weather, so we sat and talked to them in the terminal for about an hour and a half till their limo showed up.

I worked at Signature in New Orleans and I got to talk to the CEO of FedEx while he came in town on the company Lear Jet to see a Memphis Grizzlies game. I've seen Paul Allen, Celine Dion, Nicholas Cage, Ellen DeGeneres, Prince Charles, The Bushes, Garth Brooks, etc

The best is getting some seat time in King Air's and PC12's.

Back