Sheppard Air, Inc.

JetSetterADX

Hello check this out! Feedback on Sheppard Air! I had thought they would be awesome.

On March 15, 2017 I left a voice mail message for someone at Sheppard Air about signing up for the class. I am on travel right now and they never called me back so I asked if I might could enroll over e mail. This was one of the answers I received.

Hi Ken,

I can't speak to voice messages left back on the 15th. Our staff of very dedicated individuals works extremely hard to return every call, without exception, 24 hours a day, including Christmas, New Years Day, etc. They take it personally that each and every person is helped (they are very caring in that way). So not receiving a call back after leaving a voice message would have been very unusual. But it doesn't change our requirements for enrollment.

Ken, I think it's clear from our conversation tonight that our courses, and our school organization & policies, are not well-suited to you. So thank you for your interest in our ADX course, but it's not for you. Sometimes we're just not a good match.

Good luck with your ADX studies, and all of your other pursuits. We wish you the best.

Sincerely,
Heidi,
Sheppard Air, Inc.

Hi Ken,

No one named Daniel works for Sheppard Air, Inc.

We don't make exceptions to enrollment policy, because when we do, people don't do as well as they should on their tests. In other words, it's for our students benefit that we establish our policies. We don't make exceptions that we know are going to hurt the student.

We return every message to the best of our ability, period. Sometimes people don't leave an understandable call back number, or don't leave one at all; sometimes their voicemail isn't set up yet, so we can't leave a reply message; and sometimes the technology just doesn't work the way it should (cell phones, phone switches, etc). But we return every call, period.

I'm sorry Ken, but we will not re-consider your request to become a student.

Once again, here are two companies that have provided test prep products for a long time: www.ASA2FLY.com and https://www.gleim.com/

Sincerely,
Heidi,
Sheppard Air, Inc.

So my question is this if they are available 24 hours a day including the "holidays" which I find hard to believe but I will give them the benefit of the doubt, why could I not get a call back? But I guess they are right to not work with others.

Just some food for thought. Anyone opinions on a good program to prep for the ADX? Since they seem to consider those of us who aren't military not bright enough to study as stated on their site they will and I quote "If you are deployed military and can’t call, please email us at SheppardAir@aol.com and we will make other special arrangements."

So if anyone has a few good options to study for the ADX shoot me a note back!

Don't get me wrong, Sheppard Air's ADX test prep software WORKS. Just passed the ADX test myself while in Sheffield's 5 week ADX program. But wait a minute, they have an actual school...? That makes me doubt them even more that they actually have a school, and they use an AOL email address..... They can keep the 75 bucks I gave them, but glad I won't need them again. That just scares me.

Don't get me wrong, Sheppard Air's ADX test prep software WORKS. Just passed the ADX test myself while in Sheffield's 5 week ADX program. But wait a minute, they have an actual school...? That makes me doubt them even more that they actually have a school, and they use an AOL email address..... They can keep the 75 bucks I gave them, but glad I won't need them again. That just scares me.
Did you use the study materials Sheffield gave you access to? If so, what did you think of the pdf files they have students study? I'm curious, because I'll be attending Sheffield next month. I like them, and I've used them pretty much exclusively for ADX prep.

I have the Sheppard Air software also. Though I tried it out, I prefer the study files Sheffield gave me. That said, I'm going to use Sheppard Air for doing a couple of practice tests.

I find this entire thread suspect. First of all, this person has their first post as badmouthing a company that a ton of us have had a great experience with. In addition, All e-mails I have ever received from them are @sheppardair.com. Not aol. So, I am wondering if there is some confusion here.Not believing this experience. Their test prep was excellent, and the service they provided whenever I had an issue was terrific. Personally, I don't know why anyone would use any other test prep for the ADX exam. I wasn't aware that they had a school as well, but if they do, I don't see how that would be such a polar opposite when it came to the service they provide for their very popular study software. They were so great to talk to on the phone, and their communication via e-mail has always been professional.

A little too soon to badmouth a company...there is plenty of information on the dispatch forum about programs that people recommend attending. Might be worth a read.

IMG_5156.PNG

I find this entire thread suspect. First of all, this person has their first post as badmouthing a company that a ton of us have had a great experience with. In addition, All e-mails I have ever received from them are @sheppardair.com. Not aol. So, I am wondering if there is some confusion here.Not believing this experience. Their test prep was excellent, and the service they provided whenever I had an issue was terrific. Personally, I don't know why anyone would use any other test prep for the ADX exam. I wasn't aware that they had a school as well, but if they do, I don't see how that would be such a polar opposite when it came to the service they provide for their very popular study software. They were so great to talk to on the phone, and their communication via e-mail has always been professional.

A little too soon to badmouth a company...there is plenty of information on the dispatch forum about programs that people recommend attending. Might be worth a read.
I've had good experiences with them also. I had to call them once about a password issue when I first got the software, and it was resolved quickly and cheerfully. I haven't had an issue since...

I had a similar experience to the OP and I've been here a while longer than you have @Avgirl.

Schitppardair will never get a dime from me. They have pretty poor customer support and their software is stuck in the Windows 3.11 days. They seem to think they know it all and frankly I have heard of a lot of people who have not passed as a result of their "system". I had a who's the better Veteran showdown with their owner at one point. The guy's a tool.

Avgirl nothing suspicious they use aol. I have no desire to bad mouth only speak facts. See attached email from aol.

Attachments

• IMG_2710.PNG
    IMG_2710.PNG
    289.9 KB · Views: 221
I'm not one for normally posting reviews. But this thread warrants it.

I've used Sheppard Air for almost every test since my IR. Although, I haven't always scored great on written tests (more my fault than theirs), their customer service has always been phenomenal. I've personally spoke with Heidi a few times as well, and she too has been great.

I just don't understand how you got emails from an aol address and I got them from sheppardair.com.
I do not know what to tell you Avgirl, the messages as attached came form a "aol.com" e-mail. Perhaps you had a "aol.com" domain reply or perhaps they have multiple e-mail addresses.

I don't think I have logged into here in years but I had to get on just to respond to this thread. I have used Sheppard Air for my last 6 written exams and have all scored over 90%. Yes they respond with AOL email addresses but they have been around for awhile, why fix what aint broken. I have had nothing but stellar success with them and fantastic customer service. There is a reason many pilots and dispatcher use them, because it works. I can prove it. You wont find a more up to date test prep program out there, I have literally had the software update day of my exam with questions that sure enough, I was asked on the test.

I used Sheppard for my ATP and it worked wonders. It was a bit archaic going through the phone process and printing out a basic study guide but heck I got what was advertised and I am a happy customer.

Back