SFO

Yup, just did that myself. About 30 min to get to Powell street, just shy of $11 for the roundtrip ticket (you can pay with credit/debit.) Short walk to Union Square. Good times, and totally worth it.

BART BART BART!

Once in the city...

The old ferry building is cool and Fisherman’s Wharf is worth a look. If you need a sweet tooth fix, walk up the hill to Ghirardelli Square.

If time permits you could make your way over to Golden Gate Park. We find it relaxing to stroll around the park, and the Academy of Sciences of supposed to be AMAZING!

Just my two cents…

Take BART from SFO to the Oakland Coliseum and back at 4am with a 100 dollar bill sticking out of your pocket. Don't get stabbed. Fun game.

SFO layover has a lot to offer. But if someone wants to play the BART game ask me and I will give you the right places in OAK to go. They do like their $100's out east..

Any particular highlights?

I took the BART downtown. Walked all over and saw lots of cool things.

I saw the Golden Gate, Alcatraz, Cable Cars, tourists, TransAmerica building, the curviest street ever, boats, a beach and hippies.

A good time. Thanks again for all the tips.

I've lived here my whole life and never seen hippies in the city. Only at the airport itself. Go figure.

Yeah, just like when people on the east coast who've never been to CA assume that you'll see nothing but hippies when they visit.

Back