Ses + Csel = Cses?

Old Dominion Flyer

A few years ago I picked up a seaplane rating for single engine airplanes. Two days I ago I passed my checkride for Commercial airplane single engine land. Am I now permitted to excercise commercial pilot privelages in a single engine seaplane? When Oklahoma City finally sends me my new license will Commercial single engine sea be listed on the back?

1. My instructor and the examiner were completing the IACRA info prior to my checkride and they were unsure about the answer.

2. I called the seaplane flight school where I received my seaplane rating and they were unsure.

3. I've checked through the FAR's and I'm unsure.

If you fly a seaplane commercially or work for the FAA please feel free to enlighten me. Heck, even if you don't I could still use some enlightenment. :panic:

You have private privleges for Seaplane, Commercial for land.

It will look like this:

COMMERCIAL PILOT
AIRPLANE SINGLE ENGINE LAND
INSTRUMENT AIRPLANE
PRIVATE PRIVILEGES
AIRPLANE SINGLE ENGINE SEA

:yeahthat:

Your temporary certificate should say something along the lines of Single Engine Sea, Private Only - or something along those lines. Not 100% sure, but it should certainly have a restriction / limitation of SES Private Only

Thanks for the info. I neglected to mention I have private, instrument, and commercial multi-engine as well. I believe I can figure out where those will be located on the license.

So now I'm wondering.....
For you guys who have completed commercial seaplane training, what were the notable differences/difficulties between the private portion and the commercial portion of your seaplane rating? What schools do you suggest for CSES?

You have private privleges for Seaplane, Commercial for land.

It will look like this:
COMMERCIAL PILOT
INSTRUMENT AIRPLANE
PRIVATE PRIVILEGES

Actually it will probably look more like this:

COMMERCIAL PILOT
INSTRUMENT AIRPLANE
PRIVATE PRIVILEGES

;)

Actually it will probably look more like this:

COMMERCIAL PILOT
INSTRUMENT AIRPLANE
PRIVATE PRIVILEGES

;)

I checked my student's certificate, who has the same ratings, and copied it from the FAA's database, so I am pretty sure it is correct.

...was a very simple "upgrade" ride with Brown's Seaplane Base in Florida, took about 30 minutes and then I was issued the CSES at the CPL level. Right now, however, you only have PPL privileges on the SES.

Back