Search and Rescue Training/Operations

Aggiepilot

So as I'm going threw flight training still have the passion for doing SAR Ops. Besides military (which I am still talking to a unit), what would be the best way to possibly get into these operations down the road. I saw a couple companies online that do training for that but they seem more based for company training and not just private training cost. Any Help?

So as I'm going threw flight training still have the passion for doing SAR Ops. Besides military (which I am still talking to a unit), what would be the best way to possibly get into these operations down the road. I saw a couple companies online that do training for that but they seem more based for company training and not just private training cost. Any Help?

Some companies do SAR contract operations, mainly for overseas ops.

But none will hire Aggies.

The vast majority of your SAR operators are going to be LEA's and other governmental agencies. Thus, the training for it is going to be marketed towards organizational entities, not individuals. If you want to do Civil SAR, I'd suggest trying to get on with an LEA that does it. CBP, state/local law enforcement, etc. Some Army Guard units participate in SAR as well.

Back