SeaPort in MEM

USN88

I have an interview with them in a couple of weeks. Any gouge on this company would be great!

The DO at MEM is my old flight instructor and assistant chief CFI in Memphis - if he's still there. He's a retired Tomcat RIO, so throw your Navy experience out there for some brownie points. I don't have very recent gouge, but 2 years ago, it was a desktop sim in the interview - that most guys crashed and still got the job. The Checkride was in the aircraft, and I believe the profile was hold as published on GQE for the VOR-A at KAWM. Then, VOR-A and back to an ILS at MEM. There's a few guys on this site that got hired there when they first started in MEM. Hopefully they'll chime in. I always heard it was a good place to be at. Good Luck!

Sounds good! Thanks for the info. I think you're right about the DO (initials ME).

I was one of the original pilots hired into MEM when the base opened a few years ago. I don't have any recent interview experience, as everyone I know there has moved on. However, I will say it was a good little operation down there and I had a lot of fun. Definitely only a career stop. Get in your time and move on. My interview was cake, basic FARs and TMAAT questions with a desktop PC-12 simulator for the sim check.

Good Luck!

Does anybody have any updated info on the interview process? Or is most of this still pretty much accurate?

Anyone know if they are doing any hiring either? I sent a résumé a few months back but I figure it's probably buried with all the others. Worth a trip to MEM to walk one in in person?

Anyone know if they are doing any hiring either? I sent a résumé a few months back but I figure it's probably buried with all the others. Worth a trip to MEM to walk one in in person?

I am on Monday, which was why I asked

I was told they were looking at doing a group interview thing on the 16. Apparently they might be phasing out the Pilatus and going to caravans in memphis.

I was told they were looking at doing a group interview thing on the 16. Apparently they might be phasing out the Pilatus and going to caravans in memphis.
That's kind of a bummer.

I sent a résumé a whole back but never heard anything so 3 days is probably a little too soon to expect to hear back

That's kind of a bummer.

I sent a résumé a whole back but never heard anything so 3 days is probably a little too soon to expect to hear back

What are your times? A grad from my school that I met here said they'd be hiring almost as low as 200..but I think they'd prefer 500 TT as mins. Once you met 135 mins sounds like you get upgraded to captain. When I met the assistant chief last week it sounded like interviews in August but if I run into him next week at a volunteer event I'll try to confirm for you.

From the guy I met sounds like the PC-12s are going to san diego.

What are your times? A grad from my school that I met here said they'd be hiring almost as low as 200..but I think they'd prefer 500 TT as mins. Once you met 135 mins sounds like you get upgraded to captain. When I met the assistant chief last week it sounded like interviews in August but if I run into him next week at a volunteer event I'll try to confirm for you.

From the guy I met sounds like the PC-12s are going to san diego.
Right around 420, CFI/CFII. Resume was sent a while ago though so I probably had 300 something at the time.

Right around 420, CFI/CFII. Resume was sent a while ago though so I probably had 300 something at the time.

I say update it. PM some of your info if you want to, so if I do meet the assistant guy next week at this volunteer gig I can give him some of your info.

MEM interviews are Monday and Tuesday. Not group. Phasing out PC12s in MEM for the Caravan. The Van is also in the other bases too. Rumor we've heard is a class of 20. They've hired lower than 500tt, but I think most have more than that. Good luck! It's a great job for some solid experience and it will humble you really quickly.

Back