Seaplanes for the Air Force, maybe.

Minuteman

“Dongola”
I am so disappointed with that. Like, make some conformal tanks in the shape of a boat hull or something.

Or, this being the 21st century, I am surprised it isn't skis mounted on inflatable pontoons that can be deflated and made smaller in flight (the article hints at that). I guess maybe the venn diagram of fast/long-range and "needs to land on or next-to an ice shelf doesn't have much overlap. Maybe do some interdiction to those North Korea sanctions-busting ships that transfer cargo out in the middle of the ocean?!

Lawman

Oh I can’t wait for the aerodynamics study on that thing in a tanker configuration….

For those of you that don’t understand it, the C-130J is the 737 of military aviation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DropTank

I really want to fly one on floats, but there are a lot of questions.

Great, you get the floats to work!
What is the cargo weight, airspeed, range penalties?
How do you load/unload the cargo?
Can it be applied to any C-130?
If so, how long would the conversion take?
What equipment would be required? (lifts, cranes, float pits?)

Additional possibility:
Can the floats be detached in flight?
Rally point on water 1000km from destination (refueling from propositioned ship/submersible) Takeoff from water and discard the floats once airborne.

///AMG

For those of you that don’t understand it, the C-130J is the 737 of military aviation.
I particularly enjoyed "harvest hawk". I think we keep making Hercules do everything because they always look so happy, which makes all the people so happy

Flyinthrew

Oh I can’t wait for the aerodynamics study on that thing in a tanker configuration….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've never heard this before, and now I'll never be able to unhear it. However, I think you're giving the 737 too much credit.