Sean "Puffy" Combs Grounding Private Jet

...and guys, the original article says he's grounding "...his private jet." Charter aircraft is something that a poster added later in the thread, and people have been running down that trail since then.

Puff Daddy is just wants his name circulated in the media. Until now, I have not heard much about him.

I used to be an aircraft cleaner at a small corporate place with a GII that they would occasionally charter. P-Diddy chartered once, and the company said "not again". Apparently he refused to extinguish his cigar or do anything else asked of him by he flight attendant.

I used to be an aircraft cleaner at a small corporate place with a GII that they would occasionally charter. P-Diddy chartered once, and the company said "not again". Apparently he refused to extinguish his cigar or do anything else asked of him by he flight attendant.

Gee, why am I soooo shocked?! :rolleyes: :whatever: :banghead:

love the use of the frownies!! what a neat idea!

also, yes the posting of the actual youtube video did get modded out because of the extreme use of his mouth (foul language). but having an article about it is no big thang.
THanks just trying to stay within the rules. :D

...and guys, the original article says he's grounding "...his private jet." Charter aircraft is something that a poster added later in the thread, and people have been running down that trail since then.

He does not own, he charters. I think he may have had a GII at some point a few years ago, but he no longer has it. I am sure he likes to tell people the GV he just got off of belongs to him though.

Alex.

He does not own, he charters. I think he may have had a GII at some point a few years ago, but he no longer has it. I am sure he likes to tell people the GV he just got off of belongs to him though.

Alex.
I think that's the case as well.

Chartering, incidentally, is the most expensive for flying privately, and is only economical if your annual flying hours is relatively low. I think after a certain threshold it's higly recommended to go fractional, and after that, the next level is outright owning a plane.

This obviously goes to show that at some point even jobs that are thought of as "recession proof" will start to see a decrease.

Which would you rather have on a JFK-LAX non-stop: a whining baby or a whining Diddy? That's a long flight either way.....

My father-in-law currently flies a G3 (soon to be a upped to a Global). The G3 is old and the payment on it alone every month is $250,000. So if P-Diddy were counting everything and in a plane with similar payments, counted in the cost of fuel, airplane maintenance and mechanic, airplane financing, pilots, FA and everything else, it is possible for the flight to cost that much. The problem is grounding it wouldn't change the fact that he would still have the payment on the jet, have to pay for the pilots still (unless he just pays them per flight) and the plane would still need certain maintenance. I don't know how it would be possible to use $250,000 in fuel in 2 flights across the US.

Last week Diddy posted a video on youtube where he lamented the high cost of gas prices, saying they were so high in fact that he could no longer use his private jet and was forced to fly commercial. He said,

"As you know, I do own my own jet but I have been havin to fly back and forth to LA to pursue my acting career. Ok, now, if I’m flying back and forth, like, twice in a month that’s like 200,000, 250,000 round trip. :mad: that."
Oh hey guess what…

Turns out P. doesn't even have his "own" private jet at all. An extensive look through federal aviation records by the Palm Beach Post turned up no Seans, Diddys, Combs, or Puffys as the registered owner. One source said, "I have a list of every plane with the name of the owner, and he's not on it."
For the record, says his rep, he's got a "fractional" ownership in a plane on NetJets, where you buy flight hours.
Even the fact that he has a partial ownership annoys me to no end. I think a reasonable response to everything Diddy says and does is pure unfiltered rage.

I'm sure he's not the first or last person with a NetJets share to say that he owns a private jet. The company's marketing feeds in to that idea since they want to get people past the block of not owning their own jet, if they're in to that. Also, the method of looking up an airplane in the FAA database is not very effective. It's common to set up an LLC just for the ownership of the airplane.

Back