Seaborne Airlines Hiring - US Virgin Islands, anyone?

It says you all are acquiring the Saab 340Bs...are those Bs or B+s? I have worked with the B+'s and they are MUCH more dispatcher friendly from what I heard from colleagues of mine.

Don't be a hater. We flew the A models with 30 people all over the Midwest, climbing at 500 fpm, and liked it! ;-)

One of my former colleagues from Chautauqua is the new chief pilot at Seabourne.

Don't be a hater. We flew the A models with 30 people all over the Midwest, climbing at 500 fpm, and liked it! ;-)

Key word there is "Midwest." Terrain clearance can be a big issue with turboprops when you're flying in the Western US. That being said, I think the 340A wouldn't have many issues flying around the Carribean - no mountains or very much icing to worry about.

It says you all are acquiring the Saab 340Bs...are those Bs or B+s? I have worked with the B+'s and they are MUCH more dispatcher friendly from what I heard from colleagues of mine.

It will be the Saab340Bs; First one should be on the line in January with a total of 6 by June 2013.

I am a Sheffield grad and I send them a resume as soon as I see the ad on the Shef site and within 10 hours they say there are no positions. It seems a bit quick to reply when the ad has just reposted.

I am a Sheffield grad and I send them a resume as soon as I see the ad on the Shef site and within 10 hours they say there are no positions. It seems a bit quick to reply when the ad has just reposted.

Well, the original posting was on August 8 - did you apply then? If you only just applied then they probably had indeed filled the position by now. Keep an eye out, they will probably be hiring again eventually.

I'd just be curious to know the starting pay as the cost of living I'm sure is up there. Of course living under a umbrella on the beach isn't that expensive either.

First year pay is $31,200. Living can be expensive: Rent right now is artificially low, since the closing of the oil refinery this year (about $800-1000 for a one bedroom); electricity is 4 times the national average; 80% of products are imported, so double your grocery bill. There is walmart.com.
But that's the cost of living on paradise! I paddleboard to work and I dispatch seaplanes:))

Back