Scenic furloughs?

Scenic pays by duty hour, so that is one plus I suppose. Guarantee is around 140 hours a month. Pay with the pay cut is about $900 a month. Time for a second job...

Dude, ride operators on top of the Stratosphere probably make more than that. I'm with aloft on this one. $900 is a slap in the face.

Dude, ride operators on top of the Stratosphere probably make more than that. I'm with aloft on this one. $900 is a slap in the face.

Wrong. $900 isn't a slap in the face, it's a full frontal assault with a spiked baseball bat while also lighting you on fire...and then saying that you're gonna have to pay for the water to put the fire out. This is just pathetic.

I know what you guys mean. In all fairness, Scenic isn't a bad place to be in the summer. It is on par with most regionals paywise. I will hold my tongue on alot of the things about the company, but the new owners have a history of not caring about their employees. The paycut is really hard for everyone here, and I'm sure alot will leave. I am stuck with bills, and I am lucky to have any sort of flying job right now. That leaves me looking for a second job somewhere. Just have to weather the storm, right? :panic:

Scenic has always been a seasonal operation. They are busier in the summer months when tourism is big. I would be willing to bet that the wages go back up, and the lunches come back when the summer rolls around again. The economy just sucks right now.

Scenic has always been a seasonal operation. They are busier in the summer months when tourism is big. I would be willing to bet that the wages go back up, and the lunches come back when the summer rolls around again. The economy just sucks right now.

Wages will go back up when they're having trouble finding people to work for $900/mo. With so many guys on the streets and no regionals hiring, I'm willing to bet they get a line of people straight outta ATP or the other flight schools going "A TP for $900 a month!?!? Where do I sign?"

Back