Scenic furloughs?

saria19

What I see when I look on their website is that they want Captains w/ ATP and 3000TT and 1000 multi.
First officers are required to have 1000TT and 100 multi. These can be reduced based upon experience, but no lower than 600TT.

RICHARD5

Heard there were furloughs at Scenic Airlines. Anyone got the deets?
All but one--a great guy--got furloughed. The latest gouge is a class is forming for late Jan/middle Feb. I don't know what competive would be but I suspect it be in line with historical trends.

slushie

C56X ATP CFII MEI
All but one--a great guy--got furloughed. The latest gouge is a class is forming for late Jan/middle Feb. I don't know what competive would be but I suspect it be in line with historical trends.
Huh?

You mean to say they have one pilot left?

clarify please?

Slush

vheissu

He must be talking about Air Grand Canyon. Scenic is not furloughing, but enforcing a large paycut on all the pilots. I don't see any classes happening until around May.

LatitudeDancer

He must be talking about Air Grand Canyon. Scenic is not furloughing, but enforcing a large paycut on all the pilots. I don't see any classes happening until around May.
Wow, I had a friend flying there 9 months ago...he was FO @ $12-$13/hr. Not much to cut.

v1valarob

^That absolutely sucks. Why would anyone work for $12-$13 an hour, sure you get hours but come on, no one can afford to live on that alone.
While its still a pretty poor rate, they are paid different than other "airlines." I dont know the monthly guarantee, but its something more like 160 hours a month guarantee, while normal airlines are 75 hour guarantee.

I know when speaking to Nick (njt916) his pay is pretty comparable to mine at Colgan on first year.

slushie

C56X ATP CFII MEI
Bummer man.
I'm kinda glad I missed the boat earlier this year.
I don't think I could have done it for less than they WERE paying.

JaceTheAce

Large paycut?! So the $1298 per month that they already earn is too much? :banghead:

vheissu

Scenic pays by duty hour, so that is one plus I suppose. Guarantee is around 140 hours a month. Pay with the pay cut is about $900 a month. Time for a second job...

aloft

No, it's time for you all to quit. Let 'em try to enforce their training contract. I very seriously doubt any judge would side with them after such a pay cut.