Sad news...USAJet DC-9 crashes in Mexico

Re: Sad news...USAJet crashes in Mexico

Wow, that seriously sucks. Thoughts go out to the crew and their fams.

Matt,
Check in buddy. I don't have your cell anymore.
Isn't he on the Falcon? He was as of mid-Feb, if we're talkin about the same cat.

From Airliners.net>>>
It was a DC9 reg N199US flying from Shreveport Intl as JUS199, according to Vanguardia Newspaper it was carrying aprox 3.9 tons of cargo for the Manga Powertrain Company, also the same news paper, which by the way was the first one reporting this accident, is stating that the captain Lom McIntosh perished on the site, the first officer Christofer M. James is in critical condition at Muguerza Hospital in Saltillo. <<<<<

God Bless!

I'm good. Shocked like the rest of us at the company, but ok. I don't know what the hell happened, sad day for all.

I can't figure out how the plane got where it was...very strange position as the above poster said. Also, one of the reports I read (take with a grain of salt - media) said it was clear. Is this a particularly tricky approach, or does it offer some weird optical illusion?

Very sad for the pilot and godspeed to the injured FO.

Yes, it's a particularly tricky approach.

SLW is a challenging airport, I've flown in there about half a dozen times, luckily the weather has alway been fairly good for me. I'd probably put it up there in the top 10 or 20 most challenging airports with airline service in North America.

It's basically in a bowl, surrounded by 10,000 ft mountains. My company puts all newhires and upgrades through a sim session with an approach to this airport before they are cut loose from the training department.

Condolences to the captain's family, speedy recovery to the FO.

There is a good write up here:

http://avherald.com/h?article=4094766f

It ended up in a very odd spot, it will be an interesting NTSB report.
RIP,

Alex.

Condolences to all involved. RIP..

Serious question though...Would the NTSB even be issuing a report being that it happened in Mexico? I have seen other accidents from different countries and they seem to refer to the aviation board for that country.

Serious question though...Would the NTSB even be issuing a report being that it happened in Mexico? I have seen other accidents from different countries and they seem to refer to the aviation board for that country.

Normally, when there is an American carrier involved or even if the plane was manufactured in the U.S. the NTSB is invited to investigate along side with the countries own safety board. Also, the engine manufacturer is normally invited to investigate.

R.I.P. to all those involved.

Yes, it's a particularly tricky approach.

SLW is a challenging airport, I've flown in there about half a dozen times, luckily the weather has alway been fairly good for me. I'd probably put it up there in the top 10 or 20 most challenging airports with airline service in North America.

It's basically in a bowl, surrounded by 10,000 ft mountains. My company puts all newhires and upgrades through a sim session with an approach to this airport before they are cut loose from the training department.

Condolences to the captain's family, speedy recovery to the FO.

Thanks for sharing. Any updated info on the condition of the FO would be appreciated when available. Prayers to him.

Condolences to all involved. RIP..

Normally they do not, but I did see a press release saying the NTSB had a team enroute. This what you normally get:

http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?ev_id=20070213X00173&key=1

Which is a shame, because it would be interesting to read that final report.

Alex.

Quick update, Fo is doing well. He didn't have 2nd and 3rd degree burns as was thought previously. He did have neuro surgery for a head injury he sustained. Good news is that he has his family with him now. Continued prayers are appreciated.

Back