Saab 340 question

jrflight

Why does the bus tie relay not close when you have the Right battery bus energized but it does close when the Left battery bus is energized? This is an electrical system question. Thanks guys!

Is that exactly how the question is worded? I used my logic at first (not very good) and couldnt come up with an answer, and now Im looking through my study guide and not coming up with an answer.

Hip bone is connected to the knee bone
the knee bone is connected to the ankle bone
the ankle bone is connected to the ... foot bone?
The bus tie is powered by the... left main bus (IIRC).

Why does the bus tie relay not close when you have the Right battery bus energized but it does close when the Left battery bus is energized? This is an electrical system question. Thanks guys!

The Emergency Bus powers the auto function on the BTR. And which Bat Bus gives it power????:D

So thats what that red line is for in the picture. ;-D

WEEBETA, B being bus tie connect.

Attachments

• IMG_0562.jpg
    IMG_0562.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 109
Well, it depends on if the switch is in the AUTO position or CONN. If in the AUTO position it requires power/logic from LEFT BATT BUS, however, if you lift the guard and move the switch to CONN the BUS TIE is powered by the EMER BUS. OK, in other words...It's because E.Y. says so...
This airplane is a real pain in the butt to learn, but it does fly like a big old Cadillac...

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

Well, it depends on if the switch is in the AUTO position or CONN. If in the AUTO position it requires power/logic from LEFT BATT BUS, however, if you lift the guard and move the switch to CONN the BUS TIE is powered by the EMER BUS. OK, in other words...It's because E.Y. says so...
This airplane is a real pain in the butt to learn, but it does fly like a big old Cadillac...

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

How are sims going down dere buddy? Not too bad I hope.... just wait for the V1 cuts..... they be a nuisance in the you know what.

Blah....Auto function is Left Bat Bus, Conn Function = Emerg. I have no idea what I was thinking last night......:banghead:

Hopefully they don't go too deep into the HMU...HMU = PFM

Brainteaser for ya: what are the overspeed protections and which failure will bypass all overspeed protections.

What must be On in order for the CVR to work? (2 things)
What must be engaged in order for the CVR erase button to work? (hint: can't do it in mid-flight)

Whose got two thumbs and has RGS next month? This guy!

Back