RVSM manual change with new transponders

Corporate Pilot

Citation Ultra

In our RVSM manual transponders are listed as "RVSM Critical Equipment". Later this year we will do the ADS-B update and change from TDR-94 to Garmin 345R transponders. We will also get rid of our old GNS-XES FMS to twin Garmin 750's.

Has any one gone thru something similar with the RVSM manual changes? What was involved?

Thanks

Citation Ultra

In our RVSM manual transponders are listed as "RVSM Critical Equipment". Later this year we will do the ADS-B update and change from TDR-94 to Garmin 345R transponders. We will also get rid of our old GNS-XES FMS to twin Garmin 750's.

Has any one gone thru something similar with the RVSM manual changes? What was involved?

Thanks
We changed one digit in our N number and it took a year and all new manuals at the LAX FSDO for a part 91 Lear 45. Insane.

I'd hire a manual writing company for a few grand to do all the changes you need.

We changed one digit in our N number and it took a year and all new manuals at the LAX FSDO for a part 91 Lear 45. Insane.

I'd hire a manual writing company for a few grand to do all the changes you need.
That isn't really necessary. No joke new hires of a 121 were volunteered to write the manual of a new aircraft that was delayed hitting the line.

From what I have gathered it should not be a problem. Our RVSM manual is almost 10 yrs old. From the information I have gathered you just take out any information about the transponders, FMS and most of the maintance section. Now that I have an idea I will run it by the FAA first before submitting the changes. There is another flight department that is doing a similar change with the same FSDO and I will see how his goes. The nice thing is that I have 6 months to get it done.

RVSM is such a paperwork mess...Our N# changed and we had to change the manuals. SDL FSDO moved in reverse until our local mechanic called his POI for a favor. Once you've passed the test flight it really shouldn't be this difficult, especially for single airplane/single crew 91 operations.

RVSM is such a paperwork mess...Our N# changed and we had to change the manuals. SDL FSDO moved in reverse until our local mechanic called his POI for a favor. Once you've passed the test flight it really shouldn't be this difficult, especially for single airplane/single crew 91 operations.
Why the heck in 2017 is RVSM an airplane-specific thing instead of just another cert like the IFR two-year?

Used to fly an Ultra at FL430 whichever way we went.
First the RVSM when the customer just bought it, then as we were almost done an idea for a new n-number came along.

Back