Rockets

So just a fun random thing to do...

The RNAV 35 into Redstone AAF will take you directly over the gantry of a big ass rocket in a test stand.

Kinda surprising the first time you do it. We immediately requested a missed with return for a second approach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So just a fun random thing to do...

The RNAV 35 into Redstone AAF will take you directly over the gantry of a big ass rocket in a test stand.

Kinda surprising the first time you do it. We immediately requested a missed with return for a second approach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Near where I live P&W (UTC) had a huge testing complex in the hills. When I first started learning to fly it was a restricted area, but they closed it down. For years after though there were test stands and stuff up there. There was a giant P&W logo painted on the ground in one area.

I’m 99% sure that when climate changes makes the earth barely habitable and the water wars have long since devastated society, Musk will escape earth very similarly to Dr. Evil

I sure wish Elon would focus his attention on the asteroid belt (yes yes, incoming “beltalowda” comments). We need to be freeing ourselves from gravity wells...not driving towards another one with mars.

I sure wish Elon would focus his attention on the asteroid belt (yes yes, incoming “beltalowda” comments). We need to be freeing ourselves from gravity wells...not driving towards another one with mars.
Clem down at the Mx hangar the other evening: "Mighty tricky avoiding them gravity wells, JimBob, 'specially seeing as all of us are one."

Back