Right Seat

I hear what a lot of you guy's are saying, I completly understand, but what's wrong with flying right seat in a single pilot operation and logging dual time if the PIC has a CFI, CFII, and MEI? How is it any different then logging dual time in a single engine?

I'm not good with these types of questions because I mostly slept through CFI school but I'm pretty sure it has to do with the fact that you can't fly the charter plane, while you are qualified to fly a 172. Yea there are loopholes but you won't be gaining any experience. It's different then when you are watching vs actually flying. It should be added that the 2 people I know that logged this type of flying basically being there to keep the PIC awake, didn't do so well in airline training. There is absolutely no substitute for hard PIC, preferably IFR.

I'm not good with these types of questions because I mostly slept through CFI school but I'm pretty sure it has to do with the fact that you can't fly the charter plane, while you are qualified to fly a 172. Yea there are loopholes but you won't be gaining any experience. It's different then when you are watching vs actually flying. It should be added that the 2 people I know that logged this type of flying basically being there to keep the PIC awake, didn't do so well in airline training. There is absolutely no substitute for hard PIC, preferably IFR.
give that man a Harummph... well said

Back