Right seat twotter time?

I hope you didn't misunderstand - I was not at all criticizing you for pursuing this. I certainly think you should and you are absolutely right - you should have no shame for building your experience. You're not paying for it, you're not working for free (since you aren't required), and you'll gain experience. Good on you!

All I was saying is there's a perceived difference in the PIC time you'll gain here. Like I said earlier, it's no biggie. The answers you provided to the mock interview questions are spot on in my opinion.

Best of luck with this pursuit.

oh no, i got what you mean, perhaps my response came accross the wrong way in text...

but yeah ill def. be following up / finalizing this on monday!

thanks for the advice guys!

You are in a very unique, and very lucky position to be such low time and in so many words, handed this job without having to really work for it...I can say that because I was once in your position in a King Air...At the end of the day, know your roll and dont let it get to your head. Reality is, you are a super low time, zero experience co pilot flying a single pilot, non complex, vfr airplane. I'm not knocking you, and that may come off wrong, but if you can keep that in the back of your mind instead of developing an ego, you will learn a hell of a lot more...

goodluck man and have fun

You are in a very unique, and very lucky position to be such low time and in so many words, handed this job without having to really work for it...I can say that because I was once in your position in a King Air...At the end of the day, know your roll and dont let it get to your head. Reality is, you are a super low time, zero experience co pilot flying a single pilot, non complex, vfr airplane. I'm not knocking you, and that may come off wrong, but if you can keep that in the back of your mind instead of developing an ego, you will learn a hell of a lot more...

ill take it all with a slice of humble pie!

:yeahthat:
100% agreed... I know you probably would't but DO NOT get an ego nor get COCKY... I cant stand people with these HUGE egos... This is a good gig for you so pay your dues and make it fun.

:yeahthat:
100% agreed... I know you probably would't but DO NOT get an ego nor get COCKY... I cant stand people with these HUGE egos... This is a good gig for you so pay your dues and make it fun.

totally. nothing to be cocky about anyway. id be like a virgin on prom night; just happy to be there!

update: talked to the dropzone owner today and he told me to come on down and he'll get me trained up in the plane and as soon as he feels comfortable that i can put it on a 3000x25 then i can fly it from the left side.

WOOT.

i have a feeling this is gonna be FUN!

Man, I say go for it!! I've been looking for a gig like this since March of 08'. That sounds like a great opportunity to get comfortable in a decent sized twin, and build that experience up!

Awesome man. Just watch the Otter in a crosswind... That huge tail will put you in the weeds FAST if you aren't on your toes!

Awesome man. Just watch the Otter in a crosswind... That huge tail will put you in the weeds FAST if you aren't on your toes!

yeah he said we'll practice landing the thing at a nearby airport with a much larger runway till we both get comfortable with me landing it.

he mentioned they are also bringing down a casa 212 for their halloween party! should be fun! sounds like a busy dz too. in the "off" season they still fly all day fri-sun...

now about that day job.... mcdonalds! woo! ;)

Back