Richmond ATP

anavalairman2

Anyone going to ATP Richmond in August? I start Aug 4th :rawk: A brief sypnosis on the spot would be helpful. Thanks to all that replys.

I grew up near Richmond. Want to know about the area or just ATP RIC? I dont know anything about ATP in RIC

ATP. I live in Fairfax so I know about Richmond. Just curious about instructor /student ratios, Mechanical shape of aircraft, how many aircraft, how the staff is etc...

Anyone going to ATP Richmond in August? I start Aug 4th :rawk: A brief sypnosis on the spot would be helpful. Thanks to all that replys.

It's a good location. I did the ACPP there and visited a lot of other ATP facilities in the East and South. RIC is better than most I've seen at ATP. Planes are mostly 2000s with a few 79s (which I personally prefer--look tatty, but fly better). Very busy. Lots of students. Perhaps too many. Could use two sims. The airspace is good. Quick to the practice areas and the controllers are friendly. DEs run the gamut between stupid easy and crazy hard. The apartments are fine. Richmond, however, I will not miss.

It's a good location. I did the ACPP there and visited a lot of other ATP facilities in the East and South. RIC is better than most I've seen at ATP. Planes are mostly 2000s with a few 79s (which I personally prefer--look tatty, but fly better). Very busy. Lots of students. Perhaps too many. Could use two sims. The airspace is good. Quick to the practice areas and the controllers are friendly. DEs run the gamut between stupid easy and crazy hard. The apartments are fine. Richmond, however, I will not miss.

Glad to hear more pro's than con's. How long ago did you attend the RIC location for the ACPP? Eric at ATP said that RIC is a good environment to be learning in with it being a very busy airport which I think is great. At first, I was going to try to get in at Dallas or Phoenix because of the size of the airport\airspace but RIC is sufficiant and it's an hour and a half from home! When I was in the Navy, home was 2800 miles away. I am very happy with my decision.

Is it hard to get sim time? Glad my living quarters will be good to go, a good living environment is key to good moral and a good study environment; hope my roomies arn't alcoholics.

Glad to hear more pro's than con's. How long ago did you attend the RIC location for the ACPP? Eric at ATP said that RIC is a good environment to be learning in with it being a very busy airport which I think is great. At first, I was going to try to get in at Dallas or Phoenix because of the size of the airport\airspace but RIC is sufficiant and it's an hour and a half from home! When I was in the Navy, home was 2800 miles away. I am very happy with my decision.

Is it hard to get sim time? Glad my living quarters will be good to go, a good living environment is key to good moral and a good study environment; hope my roomies arn't alcoholics.

i am a current 90 day student at ATP RIC location. All i could tell u is that u have picked a great location. We have some very good instructors and as someone said before we pretty much need a second sim. We jus got 2 more new instructors last week. The apartments are great and almost all students are friendly and we do have a pool and don't forget u'er swim shorts hahaha. And coming to the alcohol well almost everyone drinks here so don't be surprised about that. Overall it is a great location for training and bit of fun.
See ya soon,
AJ

i am a current 90 day student at ATP RIC location. All i could tell u is that u have picked a great location. We have some very good instructors and as someone said before we pretty much need a second sim. We jus got 2 more new instructors last week. The apartments are great and almost all students are friendly and we do have a pool and don't forget u'er swim shorts hahaha. And coming to the alcohol well almost everyone drinks here so don't be surprised about that. Overall it is a great location for training and bit of fun.
See ya soon,
AJ

AJ-

This is what I am looking for, first hand experience of ATP RIC. I am glad to be coming to a location that is talked well about. I will bring the sun tan lotion too :D As long as the drinking is responsible, it's all good. I saw to many DUI's happen in the Navy and I do not want that to happen to anyone else. Overall, I am very exited! See you soon as well. How was the PP program?

They must have stepped it up since I've been there. I was part of the ACPP 90 day program at RIC last year (June 17 2007 was my start date) and it was not very organized. The instructors were great but there was no manager back then. My class was so far behind because the good instructors that were there left for the airlines after a week I was there, then it was 2 or 3 weeks of just sitting around not doing anything but waitig for the new instructors to come in and when they came in we pretty much started all over. But that was last year, I have a buddy instructing at RIC and we were in the same class together. He's a great guy , Matt's his name. Glad to here it has improved though. Best of luck, ATP was a lot of fun once we got going!

I have a buddy instructing at RIC and we were in the same class together. He's a great guy , Matt's his name. Glad to here it has improved though. Best of luck, ATP was a lot of fun once we got going!

Well well well, i know a MATT in RIC who's an instructor and is also one of my crazyyyyyyyyy roommates. So i guess we are talking about the same guy. :nana2:

AJ

None of us wanna see any DUI's here either. Regarding my PPL, i did that program at an FBO in PNE. Are u starting your 60 day PPL or the 90 day ACPP.
AJ

None of us wanna see any DUI's here either. Regarding my PPL, i did that program at an FBO in PNE. Are u starting your 60 day PPL or the 90 day ACPP.
AJ

AJ-

I am a starting both programs. Pretty confused on how to use the E6B too which is limiting my ability to answer some questions correctly on practice tests.

AJ-

I am a starting both programs. Pretty confused on how to use the E6B too which is limiting my ability to answer some questions correctly on practice tests.

Didn't u get the users manual with it? i have an E6B from ASA i jus messed with it for sometime and figured it out. jus refer to those manual and u should be fine. So waz u'er name?
AJ

Yeah, I got the manual. I'm getting consistant, I guess. Kind of. Ok this thing is wierd. I love the E6B and it loves me. Do the apartments have a work out center?

Back