Rich Guy's View on the Airline Industry

How does a guy with only a $100,000,000 net worth afford a $50,000,000 GV?

I smell a fractional, meaning he isn't as rich as he likes to pretend he is.

That GV has went up in value over the last 5 years.

$100,000,000 isn't rich, are you nuts? I'm sorry to say but fractionals are not cheap. You can't be a pretend "rich guy" and buy into NetJets.

What this guy wrote is true. Airlines suck and will continue to suck for quite sometime.

I think dude was being sarcastic, he's probably not all that rich, and he probably flies on the airlines.

He is right about one thing though. When airlines started targeting the Walmart crowd, with Walmart pricing, they attracted the kind of crowd the pilots and FAs have to put up with now. That is not the crowd that flew commercially back in yester-year.

The richest (or is it second richest??) man in the world Warren Buffett flies coach on the airlines. His company Berkshire Hathaway owns NetJets...
I can assure you he is not riding in coach...or on any airline.

The vast majority of paper millionaires I have come across, in and out of flying airplanes, have been complete jackasses.
The owners at NetJets are vastly different and are not pretentious at all. They are normal folks just like you and me...minus the checkbook.

$100,000,000 isn't rich, are you nuts? I'm sorry to say but fractionals are not cheap. You can't be a pretend "rich guy" and buy into NetJets.

I'm just saying that a person can have $100,000,000 of net worth, but have zero cash flow. If the stock market crashes tomorrow how much money will this guy have? Money in stocks and bonds is pretty much monopoly money unless you can cash it out.

I'm just saying that a person can have $100,000,000 of net worth, but have zero cash flow. If the stock market crashes tomorrow how much money will this guy have? Money in stocks and bonds is pretty much monopoly money unless you can cash it out.

I don't think stocks and bonds can be looked at as monopoly money unless it is cashed out because a lot of the bonds that are on the market are government bonds and if those bonds and major stock becomes worthless than the paper money in your wallet is just that paper.

I don't think stocks and bonds can be looked at as monopoly money unless it is cashed out because a lot of the bonds that are on the market are government bonds and if those bonds and major stock becomes worthless than the paper money in your wallet is just that paper.
and the paper money in my wallet, and my bank account is only as good as the illusion that the US economy is strong.

If the stock market crashes tomorrow..

Keyword is 'if'. Regardless of what the author says he has and what our speculations are, there is some validity to the moral of his story. But yet ther is so much concentration on if we can call his card:banghead:

P.S.- The person with the G-V is probably saying the same thing and laughin to the bank HA-HAHA-HAAAAAA

Back