Retirement Hobby

lostplanetairman

Got my type authority on Thursday on the 900 in the middle of adding to the string.. It’s good to keep the brain active! I get to keep my part time retirement job.
:)

Attachments

• 7D42DBB5-B3C3-46F5-B821-C976B1215B58.jpeg
    7D42DBB5-B3C3-46F5-B821-C976B1215B58.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Congratz. I would love to do something like that. I haven't flown since I left Brown on June 1st. I have a Redbird TD2 I fly every day so I'm about as IFR current as I'll ever be....haha. But I would love to find a cool very part time right seat jet gig. I live in a bad area for aviation employment but will be down in SNA area over the winter so will keep my eyes open.

I am lucky to work part time for FSI. It’s really good! I am exhausted now after starting the new type 8/30 and working every day at it sans 9/6; then doing the type authority check on 9/10 and back at training for this type on 9/11 to today. Whew!

I thought the topic was Retirement hobby? Hello everyone, long time no see. "Mr. Creepy" is now back in aviation, local at KORL and on the virtual airways through X-Plane 11 and VATSIM. You can catching me running GND at one of the airports in the JAX Center region. Currently at KTLH in fact.

I find this to be a great retirement hobby, along with the occasional flight somewhere to get a $300 hamburger. In fact I started a blog about those lunch flights: https:/johntenney.com/300_burgers

Anyone in the ORL region that would like to fly with me just let me know.

I thought the topic was Retirement hobby? Hello everyone, long time no see. "Mr. Creepy" is now back in aviation, local at KORL and on the virtual airways through X-Plane 11 and VATSIM. You can catching me running GND at one of the airports in the JAX Center region. Currently at KTLH in fact.

I find this to be a great retirement hobby, along with the occasional flight somewhere to get a $300 hamburger. In fact I started a blog about those lunch flights: https:/johntenney.com/300_burgers

Anyone in the ORL region that would like to fly with me just let me know.
Hey there!

Couple of high schools in my area are aviation magnet schools. For juniors and seniors, they provide the appropriate funds for the kids to earn their private pilot or drone certificate before graduation. Yes, high school. In my spare time, I assist with the ground school and mentoring of the kids at the local airport tower, ARTCC, FBO, Part 147 facility, FBO in order for the kids to full grasp the aviation experience. It's fun. Kids learn a lot.

The school also has aviation maintenance training NOT necessarily leading up to an A & P certificate, but it does have access to a couple of kit plane owners to fully immense them.

Back